This Pedal Has Wheels! Two Sticks of Derm in the Trunk.

Shaggyvs

I went browsing through a local consignment shop with my daughter and stumbled across a couple of these metal car banks. Not sure what year they're from, but I instantly thought, "these could make great pedal enclosures!" At $4 a piece, they were a steal. The Two Sticks of Derm board fit perfectly. The fuzz sounds great, too! Not sure I can fit this pedal on my pedal board, but it'll look great on the studio desk.

CarPedal.jpg

I went browsing through a local consignment shop with my daughter and stumbled across a couple of these metal car banks. Not sure what year they're from, but I instantly thought, "these could make great pedal enclosures!" At $4 a piece, they were a steal. The Two Sticks of Derm board fit perfectly. The fuzz sounds great, too! Not sure I can fit this pedal on my pedal board, but it'll look great on the studio desk.

View attachment 14514
Nice!!!

Fordor Model T!

I live for this kind of schtuff. Cool !
The consignment store has about 12 of them, so I'll probably make some more. I think most of the time that I spent on this build was installing the LED bezel on the front of the car. Tight space and really hard to tighten the nut on the inside. Everything else was a breeze (which always surprises me when things go easily)!

The consignment store has about 12 of them, so I'll probably make some more. I think most of the time that I spent on this build was installing the LED bezel on the front of the car. Tight space and really hard to tighten the nut on the inside. Everything else was a breeze (which always surprises me when things go easily)!

I'm up for buying one off of you, plus shipping, if you don't mind the hassle of mailing one to me and having a clone of your pedal — would love to have one parked on my board.

I assume it's a police car if it contains the fuzz. In that case you could have put the LED as the police light on the roof. The knob could be the spare wheel. Assuming that's possible of course!

I'm up for buying one off of you, plus shipping, if you don't mind the hassle of mailing one to me and having a clone of your pedal — would love to have one parked on my board.
Absolutely! I'll be going back to the consignment shop today. I can buy a few and then send some pictures to see what you might like. None of them were the same so I'm not sure what make and model I might find. Here are a few pictures of a second one I bought. I'm planning on installing a Squidward into this one. Although, if you like this one, I can certainly ship it to you, and I'll just get another!

20210807_065349.jpg

20210807_065401.jpg
20210807_065428.jpg

I assume it's a police car if it contains the fuzz. In that case you could have put the LED as the police light on the roof. The knob could be the spare wheel. Assuming that's possible of course!
That's a brilliant idea! I'll look for a police car model at the consignment shop while I'm there. I needed another excuse to keep building pedals into random enclosures! :ROFLMAO:

COOL! A Stanley Steamer!

Didn't realise they're all different. Would be fun to have a whole pedalboard of them, with each model representing a different type of circuit, as you're doing with the Stanley. Green-ringer is a great one.

Seems they were commissioned as a promo item for "The Commercial and Savings Bank", so unlikely I'd find them easily online.

If you get more, I'll just take whichever ones you don't want, and maybe HamishR wants one or somebody else here... ;)

COOL! A Stanley Steamer!

Didn't realise they're all different. Would be fun to have a whole pedalboard of them, with each model representing a different type of circuit, as you're doing with the Stanley. Green-ringer is a great one.

Seems they were commissioned as a promo item for "The Commercial and Savings Bank", so unlikely I'd find them easily online.

If you get more, I'll just take whichever ones you don't want, and maybe HamishR wants one or somebody else here... ;)
I showed up to the consignment store and they were closed with a hand-written sign on the door saying "On vacation. Back August 11". On one hand, I love local shops and everyone needs a vacation. On the the other hand, no more cars til I can go back next weekend.

Back