Thoughts on Friedman Fuzz Fiend Tube Fuzz?

You know how many wasted revisions I could have eliminated by learning this trick!?

"Quick, tell the guys in artwork to change the text above the Boost switch to Rage... we ain't trashing these PCBs"
I mean, it worked for ZVex, so there may be something to that!!

That said, this isn’t the first “design issue” I have with Friedman’s tube circuits (although I’d blame this one more on BAD than Friedman, but he did sign off on it). But I’ll save my Friedman rants for tube amp discussion threads/forums lol

I mean, it worked for ZVex, so there may be something to that!!

That said, this isn’t the first “design issue” I have with Friedman’s tube circuits (although I’d blame this one more on BAD than Friedman, but he did sign off on it). But I’ll save my Friedman rants for tube amp discussion threads/forums lol
Oooooh, I'm interested in hearing something about a Friedman tube amp, since I have a Twin Sister that I think sounds pretty good...

Oooooh, I'm interested in hearing something about a Friedman tube amp, since I have a Twin Sister that I think sounds pretty good...
Not sure which model(s), but he exploited the trick of high value plate resistors to fake more gain out of the amps. I normally don’t like higher than 100k, as they can start to get fizzy and lose touch sensitivity. 220k is the normal high gain go to value, but is only tolerable if everything else is just right… most high gain amps-especially budget friendly ones, don’t implement it right and they are mushy, fizzy and have no dynamics.
Well Mr Friedman either directly uses or uses as a split load, plate resistance values of 330k+ in some models. I’ve heard a couple of his amps that sound OK, but his higher gain stuff just doesn’t sound good to me AT ALL- too compressed, fizzy with no dynamics.

Not sure which ones again after seeing that and a couple demos I kinda washed my hands or anything Friedman

Very interesting developments! Disappointing to here that this sounds... well, disappointing! Absolutely bizarre to have a feature that involves cross-talk between traces.

Back