Thoughts on Tayda IC's?

Anyone have experience with SMD ICs from Tayda? I'm curious about their SOIC-16 PT2399s in particular. They're out of stock at the moment, but I have a few on-hand. It's easy enough to socket the DIP stuff but it's more painful to test an SOIC package.
Yes actually although not IC’s it was a few years back (5? 7?) anyways mmbf5457 wish I bought more they all worked ! AND in all my years using Tayda I too have only had a few noisy pt2399 but didn’t stop from getting more cause the new ones were just fine. I think Tayda’s great if what’s junk and what’s not their prices are hard to beat and I’ve never waited longer than 17 days for my delivery which is not bad too me if I need sumthin’ faster I’ll try Amazon if I’m hard up for a part

Oh man, I love their Royal brand resistors. I like how they come in strips. I usually check them for tolerance all in one shot then I can mark the bag "good" and not worry about checking resistors when I'm building.

I also prefer their resistors over the thinner legs on a lot of other brands.

I absolutely hate getting to the bottom of my resistor drawers and realizing I'm out of Tayda's Royal OHM resistors for a value. The thicker leads make bending neatly so easy for me.

Re PT2399s: I've never had a memorably noisy one from Tayda but with PT2399s I try to buy them from as many different places as possible because they seem to differ so much from chip to chip. If someone else cosigns doing that I might even go as far to recommend the practice!

Oh man, I love their Royal brand resistors. I like how they come in strips. I usually check them for tolerance all in one shot then I can mark the bag "good" and not worry about checking resistors when I'm building.
wow really? not being sarcastic but seems like a lot of uneeded extra effort I just mark my Tayda bags with thick black sharpie cause my eyes getting weak never had to worry about my 1% resistors but everyones got their own way and its all good

I always check the value of a resistor before using it even though I don't think I have ever found one out of spec. But I do it in case I have mis-read the value or just in case the wrong value is in the bag. It has saved me a few times that way. :)

I haven't used Tayda for as long as some of you - maybe only a few years - but have had zero issues with anything other than their guitar project PCBs and DC sockets. Components have all been fine - as long as you remember that you get what you pay for. For example I have used the cheap DC sockets and had the occasional problem. So lately, especially on pedals which I have built to sell to someone, I have opted to buy the 99c Lumberg DC jacks. Yes, probably 10x the price of the cheap ones but really in the context of a pedal hardly a huge expense! I'd rather nobody had a problem.

As far as chips, resistors and caps go no problems at all. I also like that Tayda are continually trying to improve what they sell. Now we can get Lumberg jack and powdercoated enclosures. Their range of pots is increasing all the time. It's not that long ago that I couldn't get an A500K pot with solder lugs. Now I can.

There is often times too much play in the center pin and the slightest movement in the DC power cord and it loses connection. I too have opted for the better lumberg jacks on those.
Absolutely. I mixed an order of mini Lumbergs with the cheapie ones...hard to distinguish in the drawer bin, but put the wrong one in a pedal and you'll find yourself wanting to yank it from the box with a rusty plier and smash it repeatedly with a 3 Lb sledge.........not that I actually did that......but now that I've typed it out loud, it may be a viable option!

I had a stretch where I was getting the wrong color led's and knobs from Tayda. They always went good for them, I think whomever was pulling them was color blind because the they usually happened with green, blue and red... so I have a bunch of yellow knobs now

So far, I've never had a problem with any components ordered from Tayda. That said, I did have one transistor recently that popped up as bad. But that's like one out of a 1,000 I've probably purchased so not a bad track record.

That said, I do tend to stay away from the cheaper stuff. I usually stick with things like Wema and Panasonic capacitors, Alpha pots, and the like. I know their own line of pots is pretty good though.

Back