Thoughts on the KSGER T12 Soldering Station?

TheHammer1982

I've been on the hunt for a new soldering station since my 939D started acting up when I came across the KSGER T12. I know the older units did not have a chassis ground but it appears that the newer models do (this one at least) https://a.co/d/fxcEEZY

Do any of you have this soldering station and if so how long have you had it and how do you like it?

I've been on the hunt for a new soldering station since my 939D started acting up when I came across the KSGER T12. I know the older units did not have a chassis ground but it appears that the newer models do (this one at least) https://a.co/d/fxcEEZY

Do any of you have this soldering station and if so how long have you had it and how do you like it?
I don't have this station. I actually have something similar to yours -- I have the Yihua 853D. When I bought my soldering station, I was also looking at this one. From what I recall, it got great reviews, and I often wonder if I'd have been better off with the KSGER T12. I'm interested to see what everyone says.

IMO check out the 245 tip stations, especially if you don’t already have a handful of T12 tips. T12 tips are great, and I have plenty of T12 irons, but I haven’t touched them since I got a 245 iron. Smaller, heats faster, more output power, and every conceivable tip shape under the sun.

I use a version of the T12 for most soldering work at home. Its display is simpler but AFAIK the tip control is the same, or probably a little more sophisticated in newer models. I relegated the Hakko FX888d to my office at work because the T12 is easier to use and I can stash stuff on top of it.

After 3 busy years, it's still on the original tip (D16, not genuine Hakko). I like how it cools off after just the right amount of time, unlike the FX888d.

IMO check out the 245 tip stations, especially if you don’t already have a handful of T12 tips. T12 tips are great, and I have plenty of T12 irons, but I haven’t touched them since I got a 245 iron. Smaller, heats faster, more output power, and every conceivable tip shape under the sun.
Which T245 station do you have?

Which T245 station do you have?

I have two different TS100 style pen irons that take T245 tips. A Sequre S99, (~$30 w/o power supply) and an L245 (same price range). Both are great and the Sequre has been my daily driver since it showed up. The L245 is more solid (it has a metal body vs sequre's plastic) but it's a little longer than the Sequre. I thought I would use both but with how easy it is to change tips on the fly, I don't end up having a different setup ready to go like I did with my T12 and TS100 irons. I think this is my third Sequre (they make an awesome TS100 clone that takes TS100 and T12 tips that is IMO the best non 245 pen iron out there). I don't think the firmware is lacking but Sequre's product line is on the shortlist for IronOS.

If space weren't a limiting factor I would probably get one of AiXun's T245 stations. I have a holder + cleaner combo from one of their full size stations (essentially the T3B's) so I can change tips on the fly. It's very well made and the splash cover on the brass wool is sooo nice.

There's a big handful of other T245 stations out there from Chinese brands. Along with AiXun and Sequre, I know Yihua is well regarded. More 245 compatible stations seem to pop up every day though. With how extensive the tip selection is, and how easy it is to find clones of even the obscure models, I really can't recommend them enough.

I have two different TS100 style pen irons that take T245 tips. A Sequre S99, (~$30 w/o power supply) and an L245 (same price range). Both are great and the Sequre has been my daily driver since it showed up. The L245 is more solid (it has a metal body vs sequre's plastic) but it's a little longer than the Sequre. I thought I would use both but with how easy it is to change tips on the fly, I don't end up having a different setup ready to go like I did with my T12 and TS100 irons. I think this is my third Sequre (they make an awesome TS100 clone that takes TS100 and T12 tips that is IMO the best non 245 pen iron out there). I don't think the firmware is lacking but Sequre's product line is on the shortlist for IronOS.

If space weren't a limiting factor I would probably get one of AiXun's T245 stations. I have a holder + cleaner combo from one of their full size stations (essentially the T3B's) so I can change tips on the fly. It's very well made and the splash cover on the brass wool is sooo nice.

There's a big handful of other T245 stations out there from Chinese brands. Along with AiXun and Sequre, I know Yihua is well regarded. More 245 compatible stations seem to pop up every day though. With how extensive the tip selection is, and how easy it is to find clones of even the obscure models, I really can't recommend them enough.
I'm doing ok with my Pinecil but the tip selection is abysmal and I want a beefier station with a big chisel tip to work on guitars and (wet dream) build amps sometime.
Thanks for the links.

I'm doing ok with my Pinecil but the tip selection is abysmal and I want a beefier station with a big chisel tip to work on guitars and (wet dream) build amps sometime.
Thanks for the links.
Happy to share! You won't regret having a 245 iron. The 785 and 790 tips are the best I've used for through hole soldering by miles (I've purchased clones from both links and can vouch for those listings). They're almost as mind blowing as using a paddle style tip for removing pots per @Robert's recommendation. For what it's worth, here's JBC's entire 245 tip catalog. I've found clones available for ≤ $15 (originals are $50+) for all but a few of the very exotic styles.

Sorry for effectively hijacking this thread!

Happy to share! You won't regret having a 245 iron. The 785 and 790 tips are the best I've used for through hole soldering by miles (I've purchased clones from both links and can vouch for those listings). They're almost as mind blowing as using a paddle style tip for removing pots per @Robert's recommendation. For what it's worth, here's JBC's entire 245 tip catalog. I've found clones available for ≤ $15 (originals are $50+) for all but a few of the very exotic styles.

Sorry for effectively hijacking this thread!
Wow, never seen those concave tips before. Looks like they really hug the leads. Thanks

I love the T12 stations, but I opted for a station with hot air and a power supply (I don't have a lot of room on my bench), but you can't go wrong with one of the T12 stations.

Back