TPA3118 60W Power Amp Module

Hello. Does this circuit prevent popping noises when the amplifier is turned off?
Can I use 12V power for this circuit?
Part of the circuit on the TL072 is a preamp or just a volume control, can I connect other preamps to input (J2)?

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    104 KB · Views: 14
Hello. Does this circuit prevent popping noises when the amplifier is turned off?
Part of the circuit on the TL072 is a preamp or just a volume control, can I connect other preamps to input (J2)?
It has power-on delay but cannot detect power loss. It has a footswitch to enable/disable, so you are still expected to disable prior to power loss.

The preamplifier has 2 jobs: one is to bring instrument level up to line level for the power amp. Second is a bit of EQ to add some sparkle, just like real guitar preamps with a "bright cap" on the volume or gain pot. See R7, C6, C7 in that schematic. Those can all be tweaked to taste.

Other preamps can be used, of course, as long as they bring the signal up to line level, not instrument level.

And, yes 12V will work but will only reach about 1/4 of the rated power (assuming you want to use the same 12V for the power amp).

It has power-on delay but cannot detect power loss. It has a footswitch to enable/disable, so you are still expected to disable prior to power loss.

The preamplifier has 2 jobs: one is to bring instrument level up to line level for the power amp. Second is a bit of EQ to add some sparkle, just like real guitar preamps with a "bright cap" on the volume or gain pot. See R7, C6, C7 in that schematic. Those can all be tweaked to taste.

Other preamps can be used, of course, as long as they bring the signal up to line level, not instrument level.
Thanks for the answer. I'm going to use these two preamps. They are powered by 9 volts, but I tried 12 volts and did not hear any changes, so I decided to power everything from 12 volts in order not to complicate the circuit and save space on the printed circuit board.

Attachments

• Glassblower.png
    Glassblower.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Modern Rock Machine.png
    Modern Rock Machine.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 18
At 12v you should get more clear and less gainy sound, more "headroom". But with just 3v maybe you can't hear difference.

I seen before the Modern Rock Machine schematic, it looks very interesting. I never tried it, and I never found any demo, but I'm curious to hear it. Could you let us listen something about it, please?

Hello, here are samples of MRM and other schemes of the author.

Thank you.
That, and other high gain circuit in that thread, seems sound a bit rude, as if it needs a cabinet simulator.
Do you find your build sounds like in the demo?

Back