Twin Face - PedalPCB PedalBlock Tone Control Mod

music6000

Level (Volume) B100K Pot Lug 3 is removed from Twin Face PCB - 220nF Capacitor connects between Lug 3 & OUT Pad of Tone Control PCB.
Tone Control PCB - Connect wire from IN Pad to Twin Face Level Pot Pad 3.

I used a Alpha 12mm because of the 4PDT Toggle switch hence the splayed out PCB Pins.
I built it like this so it would not foul under the Twin Face PCB. Increased R3 & R7 Resistors - 470R to 1K as suggested by Chuck D. Bones to compensate Volume loss.

A Big Thanks to Mr. PedalPCB for the Values & Advice!

PedalPCB Twin Face Tone Block Instructions.jpg

Twin Face Tone Pot Mod 2.jpg Twin Face Tone Pot Mod 1.jpg Twin Face Tone Pot Mod 4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this info, did this for my Twin face build yesterday. Finding there is not a lot of volume in the pedal, is that normal? I changed the 470R over to 1K on both sides & am getting unity volume around 4 o'clock or so

The FF was never that loud to begin with and the Tone Stack eats a fair amount of signal. You can increase R3 & R7 further, you need to readjust the trimmers when changing those resistors. Increasing C2 & C4 would definitely help since the Tone stack is much lower impedance than the Volume pot. Try 100nF or larger.

Will start building the Twin Face in a couple of days, and I will follow these Mods tips on my project, I always like to have my unit volume at 12 o´clock or less, hope these Tip can help with.

My "mods" will be for R3 and R7 1k instead of 470R
And for C2 and C4 like @Chuck D. Bones recomended 100nF instead of 10nF.

Thank you

Back