Two Pedals One Enclosure ?!

dionjohnson.

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well. I've recently started tinkering with pedal DIY, beginning with soldering pickups and capacitors onto my Strat. I've moved on to modding my Fuzz Face, and now, I'm taking on the challenge of combining my two compressors, the Harley Benton Dyn Compressor and the Orange Squeezer from Musikding.

I really like how both compressors enhance my sound, and I've decided to have them both in one enclosure .

While I've come across some threads with photos, I still feel like I need a bit more guidance, especially as a beginner. If anyone has experience combining pedals into one enclosure or can point me in the right direction for comprehensive resources, I'd greatly appreciate it!
In the attached picture, you'll find the compressor PCBs. My first question revolves around the cabling for the footswitches – which cables should I connect to them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.png
    IMG_0188.png
    997.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0191.jpeg
    IMG_0191.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0190.png
    IMG_0190.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    907.2 KB · Views: 46
Do you intend to wire them in parallel, per your first photo? And if so, have you confirmed they are in phase and don’t interfere with each other’s operation?

Typical configuration is to run the two circuits in series with their own footswitch, so I wanted to clarify!

Do you intend to wire them in parallel, per your first photo? And if so, have you confirmed they are in phase and don’t interfere with each other’s operation?

Typical configuration is to run the two circuits in series with their own footswitch, so I wanted to clarify!
Oh my fault I meant to wire them in series. I want to use just one footswitch instead.

That first pic is what you want if in series
Oops! I missed that they're in series, activated by a single footswitch.

Monodoh-monorail-simpsons-homer-doh GIFs - Get the best GIF ...

So you want to treat the two circuits as one big circuit? That's pretty straightforward. Just treat them as if it's one bigger effect. Work out which one you want to go first, wire that PCB's input to the input lug of the stomp switch, then wire its output directly to the next PCB's input. Then wire the second PCB's out to the output lug on the stomp switch, exactly as in your picture. It won't matter which PCB's LED CLR you use as they will both come on at the same time. You don't need to wire up both "Ground" and "switch" connections as shown if you're only using one LED.

Back