Two Sticks of Derm Fuzz - Schematic?

radioteacher

This is my first post.

My "Two Sticks of Derm Fuzz" has no output. Does anyone have the schematic? The docs do not include a the schematic. Yes I searched for it.

I bought this because I have hundreds of 2N3904's and all of the other parts. I only had to buy the box, foot switch, power jack and diode to build it.
  • Checked and rechecked the transistors and diode.
  • My passive components and transistors are over 30 years old so they are oxidized. I think I have a cold solder joint but I am having an issue locating it.
The audio probe confirms signal on the transistors, so there is some input. Now if I can get some output.

The "Radioteacher" handle is from my Amateur Radio work as an instructor for my local club. I have been play guitar for over 40 years (but I am not very good) and a licensed radio operator for over 30 years.

I finished building and testing CreamPieFuzz last night. There was a cold solder joint on the wiper of the tone pot. I used the schematic and a home made audio probe to find the issue. I will put that in a case and post photos this week.

Last edited:
If you (or anyone else) can post a good quality picture or two of the solder side of the PCB I can trace it out and draw up a schematic. I know PedalPCB will eventually put one in the build docs but there's no telling when that will be.

Back