Unchained issue

Allenrbemis

Hey there, has anyone built the unchained overdrive successfully? I’m on my seventh one and still can’t get it to work, I know there was the typo with the ic but other than that is there anything else going on with the pcb??? I’ve been building over snd over with a brand new pcb every time since December of last year and just can’t figure it out. Thanks,
Allen

Seven?!? Wow, you don't cry uncle easily.
Are they all behaving the same way (same issue(s))?
Can you describe the issue(s) the build is having?
Please post some pictures of ....one of the boards (front and back).
Also, do you have an audio probe and/or a multimeter?

Last edited:
DAMN.

Seven tries, that's intense.

Sounds like you're flailing a little bit brother. I've been there. PedalPCB is pretty good at sorting out PCB issues in the prototyping phase, but even if an error happened to slip through it should be close enough to fix.

Let's see if we can get a schematic for this, take a look at some photos of your board, and take IC voltages.

Wow. Let's see if we can't figure this one out.

Luckily I still have the prototype here for this one, just had a quick jam with it and everything works as it should. I'll take some voltage measurements in just a bit.

What exactly are yours doing wrong? Post some pics.

I'll get the schematic posted as quick as possible.

Seven?!? Wow, you don't cry uncle easily.
Are they all behaving the same way (same issue(s))?
Can you describe the issue(s) the build is having?
Please post some pictures of ....one of the boards (front and back).
Also, do you have an audio probe and/or a multimeter?
I have both, it worked the very first one I built for a client, it worked but he had a problem with the gain so I had him send it back, pulled a pad, bought two more pcbs no sound probed found a spot……cracked the pcb, third pulled pad, thing is cursed I got him to go with the Carl Martin Plexitone clone, I built him a complex o.d. Next that one one was way harder but it works perfectly he loved it so much he played an all star Concert with guys from Boston, the cars, and I believe Santana, the lead guitar player from Boston heard my build and loved it so that was pretty cool.

DAMN.

Seven tries, that's intense.

Sounds like you're flailing a little bit brother. I've been there. PedalPCB is pretty good at sorting out PCB issues in the prototyping phase, but even if an error happened to slip through it should be close enough to fix.

Let's see if we can get a schematic for this, take a look at some photos of your board, and take IC voltages.
I appreciate it but I’ve got a different Carl Martin clone in the works for my client.

Back