Unicab Dual Output Quest

I am building up the Unicab board as my 15th pedalpcb.com build and bought a larger enclosure to do a few modifications. The main one being two outputs. I have searched on here and elsewhere for answers on simply having one input jack and two mono output jacks. I will not be splitting to two amps, but rather one output to mixer panned left , one output to my wet pedal board with my Caesar, Cataclysm Delay and Spirit Box pedals then into mixer panned right.

I am trying to plan out if I then need a buffer on one or both outputs, veroboard design or similar.

Any help would be appreciated. I don’t want to accomplish this with a Y Cable or other external box/splitter.
Thank You

My thoughts just wire the 2 outputs together. On the mixer side you can likely just adjust the mixer to get a reasonable gain level. On the modulation side you may want to put a boost/buffer but it might work fine by just adjusting the UniCab gain for the modulation side first then adjusting the dry level on the mixer. Some mixers have lower impedance inputs than pedal so if it sounds dark or the gain on the mixer isn’t working normally that may be the case and then you would need a buffer there.

Thank you for a quick reply! I think I’ll move forward adding a buffer to the “wet” output and leave the dry output be for now. Thanks for the great idea. I had thought about an XLR out but really no real need for it. =)

To follow up on this:
I have completed adding the C-Buffer daughter board and ran the output to two TS Jacks. I don’t know that you could use headphones straight out of the output like this but the output was definitely hotter than when I had it unbuffered. I really love this pedal. I still don't have it housed, as I’m working on learning Inkscape as well to design for a 1590BB2.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’m happy with the outcome so far. This pedal is great for swapping guitars and touching no other settings anywhere else but the Unicab.

I'm interested to see what you come up with. I have considered adding a second output to mine since this discussion. Consider doing a build report when you are done. I have found it to be a positive experience, you tend to get lots of nice comments and some helpful feedback from people who have collectively built a ton of pedals.

Back