Unicab

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This is another rehouse but I never posted the original build. I made this to make my headphone amp sound better, which it did quite well. However, my ppcb headphone amp sounds much better so what I was calling the "shed" just got ripped apart. There was a softii in there too just for funsies.

Unicab still improves the sound of my ppcb hp amp and everything but it's no longer essential. I can use it elsewhere. It's actually a new experience to hear it through my rig. It's a really nice sounding pedal that may end up in the underside of my pedalboard for an "emergency ampless rig" kind of situation. I'm liking it much more than I was expecting.

AI prompt was "woodcut circuit layout"

Screenshot_20230127_170601.jpg Screenshot_20230127_170623.jpg

So you are the reason I built that pedal, than an Aion Artemis (softii) and finally a ppcb hp amp !!! So, many thanks to you.

That reminds me I'll have to post it someday.

I love the AI artwork :)

Cool build, as per your usual.

Tell me something…
How/why did you come up with:
"woodcut circuit layout"?

Please tell me more about this guy Al. How do you contact him? You just phone him up or email him and then he draws something up? How much does he charge? How do I get Al to do some graphics for me?

Cool build, as per your usual.

Tell me something…
How/why did you come up with:
"woodcut circuit layout"?

Please tell me more about this guy Al. How do you contact him? You just phone him up or email him and then he draws something up? How much does he charge? How do I get Al to do some graphics for me?
I've been using an app called wonder which was by far the most I've spent on an app, like over $20 iirc. "Woodcut circuit layout" was just one of many similar prompts I used. I was trying to combine natural textures with unnatural patterns. Another example would be "needlepoint cyborg" or " loom beadwork space station." I've always liked the look of woodcut prints and is a word I use often to combine with other things to get that look.

Here's a few other I saved: "cross stitch guillotine," "stained glass circuit board," and "woodcut vacuum tubes."

Screenshot_20230128_081853.jpg Screenshot_20230128_081917.jpg Screenshot_20230128_081744.jpg

Fantastic, Mentaltossflycoon, thank you for the insight into your creativity and that of the AI.

Very much digging your juxtaposition of high-tech with organic. Hope you find the right project for using the woodcut-tubes, that's my favourite AI-graphic of yours, yet.

Back