Univibe issue - bulb not bright / deep enough flashing.

nznat

Im having trouble with a vibe build. Here's the thing. When i plug in the power supply, i see the bulb go brighter and deeper in the flashing mode, seems perfect, yet after about 1 second after i plug in the power supply it suddenly goes more dim, the depth of the flashing has gone much dimmer / less, thus the lush univibe tone is mostly gone because of this, doesn't sound correct anymore. Any ideas on power supply issues on the pcb or what part of the univibe circuit controls the power of the bulb itself? Can anyone point to these areas and caps etc that regulate the bulbs depth of flashing on the schematic attached so i can remedy this situation?
much appreciate your help

Last edited:
20MEG!!!! wouldnt that be so low that it would thumb the speaker? someone just stated to use 500K dark. man some different info coming in thats not helping here as they specs are WAYYYYYY different to each other.

We are talking about two different circuits. The other poster is referencing the EQD Depths.

We are talking about the Univibe.

Thump the speaker? I don’t follow.

We are talking about two different circuits. The other poster is referencing the EQD Depths.

We are talking about the Univibe.

Thump the speaker? I don’t follow.
talking about two different circuits? huh? so this isnt about my circuit anymore, just a general conversion about anything at all? dam

I have pcb together bug get clean sound no vibe effect? Slight lfo hissing in background.
Bulb is flashing and trimmers work, pots appear working. I've tested all 5088 above hfe 600. Tried a different IC. If I install L78L12 oriented as on pcb bulb doesn't flash. Other way around it flashes but not vibe effect.
I suspect maybe wrong photocells?
Any clue where to start? 20221014_071920_1665721247140.jpg
20221013_233249.jpg6101939061326154520_PerfectlyClear_1665721069928.jpg

Last edited:
You’re not testing it exactly as shown in the picture, are you? The ambient light of the room is a no go. You want to text the circuit in complete darkness- either make a light shield to go around the photocells and bulb; turn off all of the lights and rest in a totally dark room, or (least practically, in case you need to take it out agsin) test it after it’s all boxed up with the lid closed back up.

Back