UV Printing/Drilling/Faceplates through AmplifyFun (Tayda alternative)

Yeah that makes sense. Especially with the massive amount of printing they are doing. Do you know if the spot colors are just specific CMYK values or is there something else at play there?
There's something specific there. There's more information than just the CMYK value in the spot color swatch. If you try to emulated it with just the CMYK, you'll end up with the color that renders on your screen. The Roland swatches are easy enough to import into Affinity Designer, though, so it's not too much of an issue. You just have to be sure to select 'Honor Spot Colors' when you export the PDF.

There's something specific there. There's more information than just the CMYK value in the spot color swatch. If you try to emulated it with just the CMYK, you'll end up with the color that renders on your screen. The Roland swatches are easy enough to import into Affinity Designer, though, so it's not too much of an issue. You just have to be sure to select 'Honor Spot Colors' when you export the PDF.
Good to know!

@Danbieranowski would you mind sharing your file for the laser engraver faceplate? I don’t intend to copy your design, I just want to have a good starting point! :)
Unfortunately, I no longer have it. Since I got that faceplate made I've completely overhauled all my external storage, and in doing so I got rid of anything that was no longer necessary. If you are looking for a template, reach out to Spencer and he'll send you his templates/requirements. Sorry I can't help more!

No worries. Got the templates from Spencer. I fought with Inkscape for a day and decided to give in to Adobe’s strategy of wiping out its competition by breaking its svg export function and get Illustrator instead. I have a designer friend who agreed to design some stuff for me. I am pumped!

Face plates and enclosure design is my next challenge. I hope to tackle this in the next coming weeks. Probably will begin with face plates for some of my existing pedals. I have already installed Affinity Designer but I have not gotten to exploring the mechanicals of it. Look forward in working with Amplify Fun as some of you have had good experience with Spencer!

Back