SOLVED Viceroy Build Not Working

PraisetheSunn0

Currently working on a Viceroy boneyard edition. Bypass works, but the effect does not come on, nor does the LED. The "Juice" switch LED does turn on though.

Q1 is a 2n5457, instead of the PF5102 that is called for. Would that perhaps be causing the problem?

Pics incoming

Last edited:
Time to bust out the schematic and start with validating VCC and grounds. Start there and then you can check the gate to source voltage on the transistors.

Also, I keep looking at this, did you put your DMM in continuity mode and validate there there isn't a connection from + to ground here?

Attachments

• solderBridge_Capture.JPG
    solderBridge_Capture.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 11
Also, I keep looking at this, did you put your DMM in continuity mode and validate there there isn't a connection from + to ground here?
I agree. If you LED isn’t coming on then it could be a power issue.

You have used a red wire that connects to the negative power pad on the board. Is that going to the + or - of the power jack?

I agree. If you LED isn’t coming on then it could be a power issue.

You have used a red wire that connects to the negative power pad on the board. Is that going to the + or - of the power jack?
This ^^^, also taking voltages will be the first step in making sure everything is getting power. Otherwise, we can run all day and get no where.

Yeah it's power related.

I'm reading negative voltage now. I'm not sure how. What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 23895

JACK+DC.jpg

Back