SOLVED Viceroy Build Not Working

PraisetheSunn0

Currently working on a Viceroy boneyard edition. Bypass works, but the effect does not come on, nor does the LED. The "Juice" switch LED does turn on though.

Q1 is a 2n5457, instead of the PF5102 that is called for. Would that perhaps be causing the problem?

Pics incoming

Last edited:
It is time to validate voltages. Start with VCC and ground throught the signal path and then measure the source to gate volatage (I think that is the one to check in this configuration, maybe someone else can correct me).

I spent an hour last night verifying continuity for the entire circuit. Everything seems fine.

So I went through it with the audio probe and I get guitar signal on pin 3 of Q1 but nothing after that.

have you tested continuity on the foot switches? another thing you can try for the led is set your ddm to the diode setting, attach the Leeds to the led appropriately and the led should light up a little bit, you can test to see if that is working or if it's burnt as well as the orientation of it. The bypass switch looks a little melted on the side, I can't imagine this has anything to do with it but did you have issues wiring it initially?

Footswitch is fine. Tested that for sure. LEDs are fine. Both come on when they should. Bypass works. When Circuit is engaged it just makes this low buzz. Knobs seem to even work (they affect the volume, tone, etc of said buzz)

Audio probe gets guitar signal up to pin 3 of Q1 and then nothing.

Footswitch is fine. Tested that for sure. LEDs are fine. Both come on when they should. Bypass works. When Circuit is engaged it just makes this low buzz. Knobs seem to even work (they affect the volume, tone, etc of said buzz)

Audio probe gets guitar signal up to pin 3 of Q1 and then nothing.
Check for Continuity on matching Circles:

Viceroy Continuity Test.jpg

Jumper did the trick. I noticed that one little place on non continuity a while ago but assumed I was screwing up. Should have trusted myself. Works great now thanks so much everyone! Now I have to find some good knobs...

View attachment 24095
Make it a point to test for Continuity where there has been an Issue with a Component or that has been replaced every time you do a Build.
Next Pedal !!!

Cheers music6000

Back