volume pedals?

drgonzo1969

what are your favorite volume pedals? I like the looks of the ernie ball mvp. I dont have specific requirements for it with my rig. I just want one for swells. I dont like doing it with volume knob on guitar. I haven't seen any really great DIY wah shells so I'm gonna buy one from sweetwater most likely. Thanks in advance for suggestions

If space isn't a major concern, I love my visual sound vp.
Has passive/buffer selection and is stereo. I've thought about using it to patch two points on the board as dual mono with a switch to control which point, but haven't gotten around to it Can find them for around $100 if patient. But they're big. Not much bigger than a Morley, but still big.

Space isn’t a concern. I’m leaning towards VPjr or the Morley. The Morley has minimum volume setting which could be fun to use.

I use a volume pedal... a lot.. especially with Worship music. For the longest time I had the Dunlop mini on my board for space.... it was ok.. I hated the sweep but needed the space. I went back recently and totally switched my board setup to a bigger board. My Dunlop Mini went out during a rehearsal.. I ended up back with Ernie Ball VP JR...... Got the 40th anni one and man the sweep is so much better than the Dunlop mini.

I’m repeating myself but I just stick with Ernie ball too. The sweep feels the most natural or “right” to me and it’s easy to work on/repair if need be. String replacement is a 5 minute job once you’ve practiced a bit and even replacing the potentiometer is not difficult either. Parts are fairly cheap and easy to get just via Amazon or GC or etc.

Back