Weber MiniMass headphone tap noise

Synchrony Pedalworks

Need some advice….I have a Weber Mini Mass attenuator. I like the attenuator, but the headphone tap is not perfect. The headphones have a cracking/clipping sound.

I am going to open it up and see if I can understand the circuit, but does anyone know the schematic? I have looked on the internet and this is a reported issue, but there isn’t a schematic for the headphone portion of the attenuator.

Secondly, if this doesn’t work out, any suggestions for getting a good headphone tap for my tube amp?

Thanks!

Attaching the circuit here:

1000005888.gif

My first thought is that the speaker simulation, if there is any, is poorly implemented. Which isn't particularly surprising. Speaker simulation on these devices tends to be an afterthought.

My first thought is: ignore the headphone out. Use the line out + your own cabinet simulation -> a headphone amp.

That could be something like the unicab. I haven't tested one of those yet, but I can 100% endorse using some kind of impulse response loader. This sonicake IR pedal is fairly cheap.

You can also run a line out to a computer and load up and IR loader if that's the sort of thing you're inclined to do.

Attaching the circuit here:

View attachment 80513

My first thought is that the speaker simulation, if there is any, is poorly implemented. Which isn't particularly surprising. Speaker simulation on these devices tends to be an afterthought.

My first thought is: ignore the headphone out. Use the line out + your own cabinet simulation -> a headphone amp.

That could be something like the unicab. I haven't tested one of those yet, but I can 100% endorse using some kind of impulse response loader. This sonicake IR pedal is fairly cheap.

You can also run a line out to a computer and load up and IR loader if that's the sort of thing you're inclined to do.
Great idea. It is worth a shot to see if that noise will go away. Thanks!

Back