Well that sure escalated quickly.

Coop

I did my first ever build a few weeks ago followed by 3 more and here I sit....Bored, and there is nothing else I want to do.
Having absolutely no building experience these boards were a dream to work with. Why didn't I try this years ago?

Builds 1-4.
Left to right.
Greengage, Muzzle, SpiritBox, Integral Pre.

fetch

You Sir have made your homework. Very nice build.

I also started recently building pedals, I had great guidance from one member here and a lot of advice from many other members. One thing I've learned is that hours of preparation will avoid days of troubleshooting. I've came up with my own process from purchasing a new board, prepping my parts, executing the build and testing and so far, I've scored 12 out of 12 in success builds. (I'm blindly ignoring the day I tested one without inserting my IC in the sockets) :D

I've now up'ed my complexity, the next 2 builds will be combos, not yet with mods, but still. Looking forward to those builds as I feel it's a step up from single FX.

Enjoy the rabbit hole Alice !

You Sir have made your homework. Very nice build.

I also started recently building pedals, I had great guidance from one member here and a lot of advice from many other members. One thing I've learned is that hours of preparation will avoid days of troubleshooting. I've came up with my own process from purchasing a new board, prepping my parts, executing the build and testing and so far, I've scored 12 out of 12 in success builds. (I'm blindly ignoring the day I tested one without inserting my IC in the sockets) :D

I've now up'ed my complexity, the next 2 builds will be combos, not yet with mods, but still. Looking forward to those builds as I feel it's a step up from single FX.

Enjoy the rabbit hole Alice !
HA. I forgot to socket my ics in the first build as well. I was met with a lot of disappointment until I looked down on my desk and saw them sitting there.

Same here!! I built my first two pedals from kits back in May 2021. It was a Klon Centaur clone and a Mossrite Fuzz clone then I found pedalpcb like a month later. I just finished my 15th build from this site and I'm working on 3 more. Ain't gonna lie, it's been massively helpful for my mental health. Sourcing parts, organizing parts, soldering tiny little components and the hyper focus it takes to populate a board all nice and neat has been therapy for me and when you're done you get a new pedal. Be good and have fun!

Back