What are some of the easier builds available here?

I have bought 3 or 4 pedal PCBs only to find that 1) schematics are incorrect 2) parts are hard to come by, or 3) other builders have trouble getting them to work and suggest mods. I don't want to mess with any of that. So, what are some of the easy, fool-proof builds that you have found satisfying and without errors or problems?

Just curious, where are you buying PCBs from that have these issues?

There's so many options here that are easy to build and source parts for. In fact most of them. It would help know what kinds of builds are you seeking? e.g. Overdrive, distortion, fuzz, or other?

I always recommend the Mercurial boost as a simple build with easy to find parts with a great payoff.

If you found an incorrect schematic you should let @PedalPCB know. As far as hard to find parts - that's just part of the deal when building pedals. Most stuff can be found or substituted with some legwork (and $$$$$ in some cases) so a little research beforehand can save you some time there.

Last edited:
Any ProCo Rat build is usually pretty easy - https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/muroidea/ - and you can get an OP07CP op amp instead of the LM308N (which is hard to find)

Way Huge Red Llama clones are dead simple - https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/pcb494/

Big Muff Pi builds are a little more involved, but you have tons of options and can use anything from vintage boutique to all modern cheap bits: https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/muffinfuzz/

(How long a list do you want?)
I’d add a Zendrive to the list. Low parts count. I’ve had good results with a variety of op-amps with it.

Just curious, where are you buying PCBs from that have these issues?

There's so many options here that are easy to build and source parts for. In fact most of them. It would help know what kinds of builds are you seeking? e.g. Overdrive, distortion, fuzz, or other?
So far all the PCBs I have bought from here. Several of them are missing key information, have one thing on the schematic and BOM, but another on the PCB. Still others have parts that are near impossible to find.

I am pretty much interested in any kind of effect. Just looking to see what others have found.

Seems odd you have bought several boards from here but yet this is your first posting. I would have thought the first time you ran into an issue you would have posted a question like the rest of us. But then I saw your name. ;) welcome back.

By the way Robert is super helpful. Just ask. He has always made things right for me when there was a legit issue.

In two cases, the PCB was different from the BOM and I ended up finding the answer without posting. So, I didn't bother adding to the noise. Thank you, though.
That was most likely a revised pcb and just wasnt updated in the BOM if your unsure you should ask! It'll get cleared right up by @Robert or someone who else whos knows the answer!

Here's a few I think are very easy/straightforward and worth your time:
Mach 1
Crankshaft or Special K
Crunch Captain
Van Pelt
Hatchet

Seabed delay was one of three pedals I did at the same time for my 2nd build. I just followed the build docs was very easy for a pretty decent sounding delay. Also the parametric eq is very easy, and the docs cover it well for some non distortion suggestions.

Back