Which King of Tone do you have?

View attachment 30320

Comparing the PedalPCB Paragon Mini and AionFX Theseus I noticed something different. The R16/R30 from Paragon is not in the Theseus. What does it do for this circuit?
I think that’s the difference between the PoT and the KoT. The KoT also lacks that resistor. I haven’t tried them side by side but from demos it may be that the PoT is a bit more compressed (with that resistor).

I’ve built a KoT (Paragon) and a Protein (Pro-10). I also built a PoT (AionFX Achilles) and a King Tone Heavyhand (AionFX Xiphos). I ended up deciding on the use of individual pedals so that I can mix and match for more varied tones. The mix of a PoT with a Heavyhand is quite good. I also have a ODR-C clone that is really nice when matched up with a PoT.

Not a proper KOT but sort of KOT-adjacent: mine has a Morning Glory and Nucleon's take on the Bluesbreaker. The Morning Glory sounds great by itself and they sound excellent together.
waarnse.jpg
2I23sk3.jpg

I got the PCB Guitar Mania kit from Das Musikding... and it actually works pretty well. Of course, I bought "as close to original" diodes as possible from The Netherlands...

Reactions: fig
A clone of the Wampler Pantheon by PCB Guitar Mania. Had the Paragon Mini and didn't like it all that much, the Wampler is way smoother, bigger and rounder if needed with more tonal flexibility. Could live without the additional gain modes and the clipping switch for me is always on soft clipping, but at least those are switchable (on the outside!).
Thats what i hear.
Look at Parthenon from pedalpcb

Reactions: fig
Back