Why Did I Buy This Vol. 1

😂

It would be pretty on brand for me to have bought em just cuz I read somewhere they're common and interchangeable too. I'm trying to work towards cataloging my stuff better (started with the pcbs). Guess I'll have to start making notes when I add something to a cart cuz obviously by the time it shows up, I've forgotten
Must have been a deal on them somewhere, because I got a handful and no idea why either

I got in the bad habit of always ordering extras of everything with each order thinking I could just vero a ton of awesome pedals….. and now I have a huge tote bin full of stuff I have no idea what to do with. I’m sure a lot of us are in that same boat. Maybe in 20 years I’ll get around to using all these spares.

Google said those Ic’s are good drop ins for Od 250’s did you ever plan on building some of those?

My part like this is the LM324. I have them from a couple of different vendors and have forgotten why I ordered them. I've had them for a few years now, so, sorry Will, you may never know :ROFLMAO:
Mine is the 3mm photodiode that I have around 70 of because they were 90% off when my local RadioShack was closing 8 or 9 years ago. Even then I probably overpaid for them by a solid 1500-2500%

This isn't a riddle or a contest, just a general question: why did I buy LM1458 ICs? What are some circuits they're used in? They're not on the parts lists for anything I'm currently working on. Does this part ring any bells for y'all?
I feel ya. I have 4 Belling 3208s for some damn reason. I don’t know of any diy circuits that utilize these BBDs. I also don’t even own a pedal that has 3208s in it.

Last edited:
My part like this is the LM324. I have them from a couple of different vendors and have forgotten why I ordered them. I've had them for a few years now, so, sorry Will, you may never know :ROFLMAO:
Current Lover? Some iterations of the VFE bumblebee list it in the BOM.

Haha xD I am looking to make a EQD grey channel clone and it uses that dual opamp ,I thought it sounded familiar so I forum searched 1458 and bingo re-found this thread :p !!! could it be the pedal you might have gotten The ic for ^^?

Haha xD I am looking to make a EQD grey channel clone and it uses that dual opamp ,I thought it sounded familiar so I forum searched 1458 and bingo re-found this thread :p !!! could it be the pedal you might have gotten The ic for ^^?
It is not but I appreciate that it could have been 🙃

Back