Wiring ADHD + buffered bypass + 2B boost w/ order switch

diesin1stact

Started this project with the idea of a one footswitch pedal for solos. I know I love the combo of the ADHD (OCD) and FDIC (2B) and like being able to play around with switching the order. However, the wiring for this has my mind working overtime so I thought I’d take my current best guess and let you guys tear it apart. I’m enjoying the challenge but would love to get it right the first time. Not having build docs for the ADHD or improved buffered bypass makes for some guesswork but the wiki has been helpful.

I’m including a pic of my best guess for wiring and then a clean copy of the photo in case anyone wants to have a go at it. Thanks in advance for taking a look. Luv you guys 4eva. 0BC3EF54-FD0F-45E8-889D-15E4F45EBE82.jpeg F26E5418-886E-4CBD-BEF7-1837886B94E0.jpeg

EDIT: Wait I misread what your goal was.

So you want one master footswitch for both circuits, but want to be able to order-swap them?

Last edited:
That definitely looks cleaner. This is perhaps a broader question but your wiring would put the buffer between the boost and the OD in the boost first position. Does it make sense to put the buffer always first? That’s what I was going for but actually have no idea if that’s odd in practice.

That definitely looks cleaner. This is perhaps a broader question but your wiring would put the buffer between the boost and the OD in the boost first position. Does it make sense to put the buffer always first? That’s what I was going for but actually have no idea if that’s odd in practice.
Disregard my wiring, I deleted it because I didn't think it entirely through.

That is the intention, though, one master footswitch for both circuits?

In theory it'd make sense to always put the buffer first, but the buffer board is proprietary, or at least designed specifically for use with the ADHD, not a separate effect, so whether or not it *can* actually be separated from the ADHD circuit.

This would be very easy without the buffer circuit lol

Oh totally. The buffer circuit is the boondoggle but it truly makes a huge difference for the ADHD. I’d love to figure out how to leave it always in front of the switch but it’s tough without knowing exactly how that circuit works.

And yeah the intention is one footswitch for the OD and boost both with the option of switching order between the two.

Last edited:
In-Jack > separate Master footswitch IN > Buffer > order-switcher > ADHD on/off board (w/o switch and hardwired always on) <> Boost > Master footswitch OUT > Out-Jack.

Make the separate master footswitch a buffered bypass:

Or if you don't like the transistor-based Corny-ish buffered bypass Robert offers you can get op-amp based...

- GPCB's buffered bypass
- Fuzz Dog's Klon-style buffered bypass
- Effects Layout Storyboardist Buffpass
OP specifically wants to use the ADHD’s JFET bypass buffer though.

Which I bet is doable, just use the buffer board as your master switch, but I’m sure it’ll involve knowing where those two “EB” pads go

Back