Woodpecker LED On But No Sound

delcon89

Hi all,

Third pedal build so still very much a beginner but this was first with issues.
  • Bypass is working when pedal is off but there is no sound when I turn the pedal on.
  • Used audio signal tracer and the input signal only makes it to R2, everything after isn't picking anything up.
  • C2 and Q1 have continuity with connecting point of R2
  • Checked for any visible shorts but did not remove components
  • Resoldered a few connections that I assumed may have been weak
Still no sound and my inexperience is leaving me blank on what to do next. Not sure if I need to test Q1 or just start replacing components one by one. Before I start taking the board apart I was going to see if anyone had any suggestions on what to test next. I only have a multimeter and the signal tracer and don't know what exactly I should be trying measure next. Other factors I should mention, because I'm not sure if these will help with diagnosis:
  • I'm using a J176-D74Z in place of PF5102 at Q1
  • Sound very quietly came from post-R2 components and loudly to first few when output jack ground was touching same ground as the signal tracer.
Thanks for any help and suggestions

Lint strands have been blow off
PXL_20240706_024003223.jpg PXL_20240706_024042355.jpg PXL_20240706_024112315.jpg PXL_20240706_024448349.jpg

check your electrolytic capacitors as well..... Make sure your negative leads arent flipped.... the pcb layout shows positive at the top... I cant tell the polarity from your photos

Back