Yamaha FC7 expression pedal fix

beachbum

Long time away from here, how is everyone doing? I just got the soldering iron plugged in and a bit daunted by the 30+ pedals I have to put together now that all my parts are all mixed around in a giant box. Won't be fun to sift through....

First order of business though is fixing this expression pedal that barely works with any of my equipment. I have a moog ep3 to compare it to the yamaha and they both output very different resistances. Would like the Yamaha to behave more like the moog. This is purportedly the moog schematic. I haven't taken it apart to verify.

The Yamaha, by contrast is very simple. It is wired with a 50kb pot reverse polarity. Not sure why, but the yamaha doesn't seem to pass info for the last 10% of the throw. If it's the pot, I don't have a spare one here that has the same half shaft.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a quick fix to get the Yamaha working again?

mioifwt4rju51.jpg

I bought an On Stage expression pedal to use with my Roland VR-730. I had a similar issue with the full range of the pot/pedal travel not being used. After trying a few 'fixes', it turned out that the taper of the pot was custom, so that it worked with the mechanics of the treadle sweep. Check out this link. It doesn't pertain to your pedal, but it may give some insight as to how to mod your pedal to get that last 10%.

Back