YATM Timbre Man

szukalski

I know we've seen a few of these, so here is another one in my own flavour.

Sound-wise, it's knocked off the Timmy from my board. We've all heard Michael's demo so the only thing I could add is high output pickups going into a Clandestine boost and then melting a plexi.. (it does sound pretty epic). I don't do too much with the mids, but it's a nice option when I do need/want it.

Build-wise, it's my own PCB from Chuck's schematic. I bread boarded it before designing the PCB and it was lovely. The PCB build threw me initially because I labelled a 470R as a 470K which stole a tone of output. Once I worked that out.. things worked better. I may give it another tweak with trying some real Ge diode in there, but it doesn't need anything more to be honest..

I also used Chuck's simple relay design (tweak? evolution?) and it works marvelously. The FTR-B4CA is easily available locally in Germany, and it has a small footprint (sub-mini), though it is the same size as the micro version, just laid on it's side. I think the sub-mini is nicer because you have the height from the IC in any case..

Faceplate, also mine. Nothing amazing there, practical and efficient.

Tldr; if you like a Timmy then you will like this.

tim2.jpg tim1.jpg

Really pleased you like the sound! I build mine on vero which is cool but wouldn't mind a PCB version. I made mine as a Vol/Gain/Bass/Treble and it was Chuck who came up with the mids knob. I like both - I tend to build more without the mids knob but the mids knob is a great addition. Mine sound much like Chuck's with the mids knob at noon.

I admire so much Chuck's ability to cut through and simplify circuits, leaving just what is necessary. I wish I could do that. But I have learnt how to add bass pots thanks to Chuck and that has made a huge difference to my enjoyment of these pedals. Cut out the fluff and get proper control over the sound - that's what I like. And that's what has made this forum such a great place to check out.

Back