Your Toolbox

Don’t know the whole lot like a lot people here and originally I was just gonna show my build box of stuff but then read this
Hell yeah I'm glad they pulled this off!

View attachment 17897
And now I see even further proof (really as if needed right?) of what a cool forum I’ve stumbled upon and Big Monk kinda summed it all up and I couldn’t say it any better cool people ,contests ,jokes ,and the biggest one help yeah keeps me coming back here Anyways sorry if I hijacked something or so threaded the post of hijack post thread or something
Having said all that ,what the hell ,here’s my boord stuffing box of stuff nicely organized ready for boords to get stuffed by that there box
Oh and…. holy shit! do some of you have some nice setups beautiful really almost makes me where is that that line when it becomes bigger than just a hobby. I mean going off here but hasn’t most DIYer’s at least once thought of trying of building them and making or trying to make some . I’m not trying to stir up anything and I don’t know the right place or if it’s taboo like that in DIY to present but here where others do what I do. I won’t lie I have butmine are too damn ugly no one would want to buy mine but some of guys do such amazing stuff easily as good as the “bigger named “ I started building pedals when Craig Anderton put out the really classic electronic projects for musicians and no internet back then ….huh well umm hey is there a limit on how many words these posts can be cause sometimes I have a lot to say like here and now not knowing when to shut the fu

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Made a lot of progress in my work area today:

E678E217-1E92-4A77-8C9C-C564E218C736.jpeg

B8DA84D6-E921-46A7-83AA-48E237B5950A.jpeg

The new bench is in the back with the soldering setup on it. The bench on the left is what was already there, and I’ll be using it mostly for guitar work, random projects like the odd PC build, and for messier stuff like cleaning flux off boards.

The stuff in the buckets is the rest of my tools, which will be put on/in the shelf, pegboard, drawers, and cabinets.

Over all I’m super stoked to have this space. My first project is my friend’s 1978 MXR Distortion+, which has seen better days. I’ll also be working on the Sugarbag for the giveaway.

View attachment 19187

View attachment 19188

The new bench is in the back with the soldering setup on it. The bench on the left is what was already there, and I’ll be using it mostly for guitar work, random projects like the odd PC build, and for messier stuff like cleaning flux off boards.

The stuff in the buckets is the rest of my tools, which will be put on/in the shelf, pegboard, drawers, and cabinets.

Over all I’m super stoked to have this space. My first project is my friend’s 1978 MXR Distortion+, which has seen better days. I’ll also be working on the Sugarbag for the giveaway.
That looks great! Good lighting (something I need to improve), space to die for! I'm jellin' on the stool 😘 Excellent rug choice! Is that a Princeton Reverb I see there?

Before we moved to a bigger place, I had a standing desk in the bedroom for work (I’ve been working from home since March 2020 and just got back into the office mid October) which would double as my workbench. All my tools and projects were sitting in the closet so I had to unpack and pack every time.
We moved to a bigger place in May and I now have a small office that I use for work, soldering and making music which is fantastic. Still messy and disorganized and I still need to put my tools and stuff away when I have to work (can you imagine?) but it works.

DCD63E3B-5FC9-4BBE-88A0-7DF7AE407F90.jpeg
Apologies, I don’t have my laptop to upload this picture in the right orientation.
We are also in the process of buying a new place where I will have significantly more space and a better setup, but that won’t happen for several months…

That looks great! Good lighting (something I need to improve), space to die for! I'm jellin' on the stool 😘 Excellent rug choice! Is that a Princeton Reverb I see there?
The lighting could be better, I’m getting another ballast light to go over the soldering area. The space is fantastic! I’ve seen travel videos about Chinese electronics markets and they do a lot with much less space than me, so I have no excuses.

The stool… it has a twin and I believe we had it set up on an island in the kitchen of our old house (moved probably a decade ago so it gets fuzzy). The rug however, was in my brother’s old room at that house. I dig it.

I wish that was a Princeton! But it’s a solid state Deluxe 90 DSP that I got for free cuz it was broken. It had broken solder joints on a transistor. It’s got a nice clean channel and is great for testing stuff, distortion is awful and insanely noisy tho. I do want to get, possibly build, a nice little tube amp for that area one day.

The lighting could be better, I’m getting another ballast light to go over the soldering area. The space is fantastic! I’ve seen travel videos about Chinese electronics markets and they do a lot with much less space than me, so I have no excuses.

The stool… it has a twin and I believe we had it set up on an island in the kitchen of our old house (moved probably a decade ago so it gets fuzzy). The rug however, was in my brother’s old room at that house. I dig it.

I wish that was a Princeton! But it’s a solid state Deluxe 90 DSP that I got for free cuz it was broken. It had broken solder joints on a transistor. It’s got a nice clean channel and is great for testing stuff, distortion is awful and insanely noisy tho. I do want to get, possibly build, a nice little tube amp for that area one day.
It really ties the room together.

View attachment 19187

View attachment 19188

Nice room, somebody drinks a lot of Molson!

Back