Jovi Bon Kenobi

What does your workstation look like?

Here's mine
IMG_20190927_114524.jpg
Some of my favorite tools are:
-Optivisor with LED lights
-Quadhands helping hands base.
-Jack-The-Gripper jack tightening tool.
-The fan up top that keeps me cool and blows fumes away.
-Little Skil driver with Phillips bit.
-The green isopropyl alcohol pump dispenser
-label maker 🤪
-Knipex 78 71 125 lead catching nippers

And here is my component storage
IMG_20190927_114729.jpg
This took years to compile and organize. It never ends.
o_O

Last edited:

Nostradoomus

I really need to build a shed on the property for all my stuff. I just finished cleaning and am about halfway through organizing it all, so no pictures yet! :D

DGWVI

Need to get myself a Quadhands, and I love your iron setup, might have to copy that once I upgrade.

Anyway, here's my humble bench:
IMG_20190927_144358_40.jpg
All those circuits are ready to be boxed, but nowhere local had the step bit size I needed, so have to wait on Amazon.

DGWVI

If I clean my bench up it only seems to stay that way for a few days. Otherwise if somebody broke into the house and ransacked my workbench I'd never know the difference.
I like to work on several things at once, so mine gets cluttered pretty quickly while I'm populating boards

Jovi Bon Kenobi

Oh and another favorite tool I use so much that I added its own space for are cake testers. I teach cooking classes as my main job so I have all kinds of specific kitchen tools. They just come in handy. Moving wires in an enclosure, positioning washers, testing cake. I sharpen the tips with sandpaper.

DGWVI

Oh and another favorite tool I use so much that I added its own space for are cake testers. I teach cooking classes as my main job so I have all kinds of specific kitchen tools. They just come in handy. Moving wires in an enclosure, positioning washers, testing cake. I sharpen the tips with sandpaper.
These do look pretty nifty, may have a grab a dozen.

Also...I made that workbench a few years ago from this site. It was super inexpensive and all I needed was to borrow a mitre saw for the 2x4s. Lowe's cut the pegboard and other tabletops.
I lucked out- my wife got sick of me using the computer desk and dining table, so she grabbed one of the Harbor Freight benches for me. I've got no complaints

chongmagic

Need to get myself a Quadhands, and I love your iron setup, might have to copy that once I upgrade.

Anyway, here's my humble bench:
View attachment 1551
All those circuits are ready to be boxed, but nowhere local had the step bit size I needed, so have to wait on Amazon.
I have the same workbench, did you get it from Harbor Freight by chance?

Last edited:

Chuck D. Bones

Those are some seriously nice benches! My bench is like my brain: crowded & poorly organized, but it gets the job done. I won't be posting any pix of either.

Favorite tools: (besides the usual soldering iron, needle-nose pliers & wire strippers) goose-neck lamp, magnifying visor, tweezers, circuit-board vise and a USB 'scope. I got the LabNation. Not the cheapest one out there, but plenty of good features including a function generator. Saves a Whole Lotta Time with mods and troubleshooting.

Something I have at my bench that I don't see in your bench pix is a computer where I can pull up drawings, specs, photos, etc.

Oh, and nice cat, ReubenReub. Mine likes to get in the way and knock shit over.

Last edited:

DGWVI

Something I have at my bench that I don't see in your bench pix is a computer where I can pull up drawings, specs, photos, etc.

Oh, and nice cat, ReubenReub. Mine likes to get in the way and knock shit over.

I do have a PC set up immediately behind my chair at the bench, but my phone is a lot more convenient. I also like to print out everything I think I might need or find interesting before I sit down.

... And, cats. We've five of them, and they all decide they need attention as soon as I flip the iron on