Stuff

12 people better be posting pics of the cool stuff they get to the mailbox thread in the next few days.

They could of course build stuff and post some build reports, but sharing what’s in the mail is arguably even better 😂

will do! The project in question was my last post in "what's on the workbench". Thought I was gonna have a motherlode in the mail today, but it's some holiday only the USPS and government office employees take off, don't even get holiday pay at my work place 🤬

I may have to relocate the lab....

eEtYyS8.jpg

@fig i noticed those Panasonic polymer electrolytic caps are rated at 16v, but this electrovibe mini circuit calls for 25v or higher. You're not having any problems with those? Thanks!

Reactions: fig
@fig i noticed those Panasonic polymer electrolytic caps are rated at 16v, but this electrovibe mini circuit calls for 25v or higher. You're not having any problems with those? Thanks!
Hey, good eye! Not a bit of trouble, though I can't in good conscience recommend such a practice.;)

I think the highest voltage in that circuit is 18vdc, and rule of thumb says either 1.5x or 2x voltage (depending on whose thumb you use), so a 25v rating would be a safe bet.

What's the wingspan on that thing?

It's 8ft (245cm). It's my favorite 2-line stunt. I have an original Illusion but it's well worn so I don't fly it anymore. I have a 10m traction and a landboard when the wind is right. I've done a brisk 25mph down the beach. Lucky there were few people wandering about, even if I'm pretty good at flying a kite while steering a skateboard...yes I know it's subjective, unless you smack someone into the surf...that's pretty objective-oriented...imo...theoretically.

It's 8ft (245cm). It's my favorite 2-line stunt. I have an original Illusion but it's well worn so I don't fly it anymore. I have a 10m traction and a landboard when the wind is right. I've done a brisk 25mph down the beach. Lucky there were few people wandering about, even if I'm pretty good at flying a kite while steering a skateboard...yes I know it's subjective, unless you smack someone into the surf...that's pretty objective-oriented...imo...theoretically.
I'd be face down in the sand and heaven knows where the skateboard and kite would end up

Back