Stuff

That's awesome.. do you live in a house or condo? Looks like you have your own private beach.
We are renting a house with that view for a couple of weeks. It would be great to live at the beach again but oceanfront places around here cost stupid amounts of money, and it's too crowded in the summer.
We've had temps in the 70s (topped 80 one day) and a deserted beach for two weeks. Perfect. (y)

We are renting a house with that view for a couple of weeks. It would be great to live at the beach again but oceanfront places around here cost stupid amounts of money, and it's too crowded in the summer.
We've had temps in the 70s (topped 80 one day) and a deserted beach for two weeks. Perfect. (y)
You are definitely getting your money's worth out of that rental. Perfect timing on weather and population. When I retire, the wife and I want to chase 50 degree nights and 70-75 degree day temps across the country. That is the perfect weather IMO.

You are definitely getting your money's worth out of that rental. Perfect timing on weather and population. When I retire, the wife and I want to chase 50 degree nights and 70-75 degree day temps across the country. That is the perfect weather IMO.
That sounds like a great plan! Sharing goals is an important ingredient to a strong relationship. We always threatened to live on a boat and sail from port to port. We've modded that design just a tad over the years to account for the wear and tear of our experiences, but that can be expected

Staring at the ocean is great...it gave me a lot of time to.....shop for some tube amp projects and/or iron reclamation. :D I'll have a few waiting when I get home. An old projector tube amp, a couple of aircraft tube amps, and some others. Stay tuned, or suffer poor tone. :ROFLMAO:

PSA from Fig Labs....

It has come to my attention that some of the relay PICs that were distributed are blank [gasp!]
I know, I know, and I'm really bummed about it. Here's my plan...

I'm going to build one of these pedals (well, hopefully all of them eventually but that's not the point)...this will allow me to test the functionality of the programming. Then I will send out replacement chips to anyone needing them. Please don't mail the blank ones back. The postage would be much more than a blank PIC. :ROFLMAO:

In hindsight, I should have verified the pcbs and included components before sending them out. I am really sorry about this.

Thanks for reading. Once again, if this bum sent you a bum chip, let me know.

Now go build something! ;)

Last edited:
Okay, I've got this populated. The only substitute is a 2u2 box in place of a 3u3 box and a 2N5246 rather than a J202, so no biggies. I have to program the chips before testing, but I'm going to try a blank as well. Thanks for your patience.

y0hrHCU.jpg

Not if you sell Heating and Air equipment for a living! But, yeah, I could dig those temps year-round preferably with low humidity too!

Okay, I've got this populated. The only substitute is a 2u2 box in place of a 3u3 box and a 2N5246 rather than a J202, so no biggies. I have to program the chips before testing, but I'm going to try a blank as well. Thanks for your patience.

y0hrHCU.jpg
Whoa, where did you get those cool looking red Tantalum caps?

Reactions: fig
I've bought quite a few old radios, projectors, tape machines, etc, to try salvaging the tube amps, or at least some iron & glass. I tried to stay fairly mainstream conversion-wise, but couldn't resist the military aircraft audio tube amp-in-a-can. More on those later...This is a Model 384 15-watt 2-AX7, 3-6V6, made by Bell and Howell. I inspected the guts pretty closely, cleaned it up a bit, and slowly cranked the voltage using a variac. Here it is after idling 30 min. Next will be an audio test, but it's looking good!
I have a tweed champ-style combo cab that I think I can use or I'll build / have built a custom head cab (assuming all goes as planned).

Glow you little darlings!

Itiuh2b.jpg

I've bought quite a few old radios, projectors, tape machines, etc, to try salvaging the tube amps, or at least some iron & glass. I tried to stay fairly mainstream conversion-wise, but couldn't resist the military aircraft audio tube amp-in-a-can. More on those later...This is a Model 384 15-watt 2-AX7, 3-6V6, made by Bell and Howell. I inspected the guts pretty closely, cleaned it up a bit, and slowly cranked the voltage using a variac. Here it is after idling 30 min. Next will be an audio test, but it's looking good!
I have a tweed champ-style combo cab that I think I can use or I'll build / have built a custom head cab (assuming all goes as planned).

Glow you little darlings!

Itiuh2b.jpg
The GLOW THE GLOW MUWAHAHAHA

If you've never heard of an amp motor-boating , now's your chance. This amp sounded sweet for 15 minutes before starting. I haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing the B+ coupling caps are leaky. Not a huge deal and to be expected with 50+ yr old caps. It's a special made 12" deep solid pine cab with a 12" Jensen Special. Unfortunately, none of that matters when you're recording with an ipad...but it's a nice warm brownface feel....apart from the gawd-awful thumping :ROFLMAO:

If you've never heard of an amp motor-boating , now's your chance. This amp sounded sweet for 15 minutes before starting. I haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing the B+ coupling caps are leaky. Not a huge deal and to be expected with 50+ yr old caps. It's a special made 12" deep solid pine cab with a 12" Jensen Special. Unfortunately, none of that matters when you're recording with an ipad...but it's a nice warm brownface feel....apart from the gawd-awful thumping :ROFLMAO:

Damn @fig that's some sweet playing, especially with no hands! We definitely need more demo's from you!

Back