Ambassador - Matchless Hotbox project

Almost done with the build doc on this one, just need to update the build instruction pictures and the drill template. I have 8 PCBs on hand and a lot more on order, I'm planning to make the 8 available as soon as the build doc is ready, then add a lot more when the new batch comes in. No changes were made to the PCB at all, the new boards will be identical to the ones I have on hand already.

Picture1.png

If you want to go all out:

View attachment 49682
Limited Edition Transparent Gold
If you want to go down this Rabbit Hole, it gets expensive!!!
Around $85.00 US, you can't purchase the Enclosure without the Klon Drill pattern!
You have to Weld or JB Weld up the holes & Paint it
There are some internal lugs that may have tbe removed:
Then there's the Vent slots.
You can get away with the Power, Input & Output jacks!

This is just a Mockup, I wish the Real Deal was so simple but it aint! :

Ambassador Deluxe Gold Mockup Pedal.jpg

UPDATE:
It has been bought to my attention that there are enclosures that look similar in the overall look but are smaller & are available with no holes.
I knew about the smallest one which is very similar in size to a 1590BB but there is one that is between that & the full size Klon replica!
They both have no holes or internal ribs??? to worry about either.
Stay tuned!!!

Last edited:
Limited Edition Transparent Gold
If you want to go down this Rabbit Hole, it gets expensive!!!
Around $85.00 US, you can't purchase the Enclosure without the Klon Drill pattern!
You have to Weld or JB Weld up the holes & Paint it
There are some internal lugs that may have tbe removed:
Then there's the Vent slots.
You can get away with the Power, Input & Output jacks!
Yeah unfortunately Ambassador isn't the best candidate for a Klon enclosure. Black Eye, on the other hand, works well.

BE-klon_pc-white.jpg

UPDATE:
It has been bought to my attention that there are enclosures that look similar in the overall look but are smaller & are available with no holes.
I knew about the smallest one which is very similar in size to a 1590BB but there is one that is between that & the full size Klon replica!
They both have no holes or internal ribs??? to worry about either.
Stay tuned!!!

For the sake of DIY Pedal Builders:
Thanks Bricksnbeatles for the link (y).
There is a Medium size Klone look available that has no internal ribbing & is not drilled:
It may be an issue with the Rounded corners, I have one on the way so I will find out when it arrives!
How Much!, $60.00 AU shipped!!!
s-l1600.jpg
Medium.jpg

I don’t think the one coming for me will look like that!
Unfortunately no, I'm not in a position to offer full custom enclosures. One of these days I may get around to putting together Tayda drill templates for all my stuff so people can have more options than just bare enclosures from me, but it hasn't happened yet.

Back