Ambassador - Matchless Hotbox project

For the sake of DIY Pedal Builders:
Thanks Bricksnbeatles for the link (y).
There is a Medium size Klone look available that has no internal ribbing & is not drilled:
It may be an issue with the Rounded corners, I have one on the way so I will find out when it arrives!
How Much!, $60.00 AU shipped!!!
View attachment 49763
View attachment 49764
I received the '' Medium''??? size Klone enclosure & it's a 1590bb, 5mm wider but 5mm less in height wiith large Rounded corners!?
I have to wait for the PCB to arrive now before I start drilling to make sure it will fit.
Here is a Comparison with my full size Klone enclosure:

Ambassador Klone Comparison.jpg

On my build the bass control is acting like a cut. As in turning it up removes all of the bass. The treble control works the opposite way and boosts treble as its turned up. It absolutely rips and is loud as hell, but I’m just wondering if that’s how the tone section is supposed to work.
I just buttoned mine up and the tone controls work the same way as yours. Bass acts as a cut. Treble the other way.

On my build the bass control is acting like a cut. As in turning it up removes all of the bass. The treble control works the opposite way and boosts treble as its turned up. It absolutely rips and is loud as hell, but I’m just wondering if that’s how the tone section is supposed to work.
I just buttoned mine up and the tone controls work the same way as yours. Bass acts as a cut. Treble the other way.
I'm 600 miles away from my builds right now, but I feel like I would remember something like that. I won't have access to the design files on my computer until Monday, but I'll see what I can figure out before then. One of my Ambassador builds is in the hands of the guitarist in my band, I'll shoot him a message to see if he can confirm.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I'll get to the bottom of it and figure out how to get it resolved. As noted on the website I'm currently on vacation so I'm not shipping anyway, but I've suspended orders of Ambassador until I can figure out what's going on.

I'm 600 miles away from my builds right now, but I feel like I would remember something like that. I won't have access to the design files on my computer until Monday, but I'll see what I can figure out before then. One of my Ambassador builds is in the hands of the guitarist in my band, I'll shoot him a message to see if he can confirm.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I'll get to the bottom of it and figure out how to get it resolved. As noted on the website I'm currently on vacation so I'm not shipping anyway, but I've suspended orders of Ambassador until I can figure out what's going on.
I noted that Bass leg 3 is going to Ground in the schematic which seems a bit strange???

It's no biggie for me. I don't care which way it turns.

Well I built mine, this is a freaking AWESOME sounding pedal!

I was too impatient to get it built and as gingerly as I handled my painted enclosure I got it smudged with fingerprints. So it's back apart for now and I've re-painted the enclosure.

In the meantime, one thing this pedal really needs a is a bypass. @music6000 sent me a quick schem to add a bypass toggle. I'm going to see if I can squeak it in somewhere when I put it back together.

Also, regarding the tone knob. It seems like the most amount of cut is right at the end of the rotation. Wondering if a different value or different taper pot would spread out the usable bass range a bit?

I was too impatient to get it built and as gingerly as I handled my painted enclosure I got it smudged with fingerprints. So it's back apart for now and I've re-painted the enclosure.

In the meantime, one thing this pedal really needs a is a bypass. @music6000 sent me a quick schem to add a bypass toggle. I'm going to see if I can squeak it in somewhere when I put it back together.

Also, regarding the tone knob. It seems like the most amount of cut is right at the end of the rotation. Wondering if a different value or different taper pot would spread out the usable bass range a bit?
As Bass is cutting instead of adding, C1M would be the way to go if that is the Knob you are referring to???

I love the sound of mine too. Mine doesn't bunch up on the bass cut, but its range is too extreme. I need to run the bass full up (er, down in this case) to keep it from sounding super thin like an old AM radio. The huge amounts of gain and the super wide treble control makes this a good candidate for pretty extreme music. I don't see what a bypass toggle would do. This isn't something that I would apply power to and leave off. If its plugged in, I'm using it.

Last edited:
I love the sound of mine too. Mine doesn't bunch up on the bass cut, but its range is too extreme. I need to run the bass full up (er, down in this case) to keep it from sounding super thin like an old AM radio. The huge amounts of gain and the super wide treble control makes this a good candidate for pretty extreme music. I don't see what a bypass toggle would do. This isn't something that I would apply power to and leave off. If its plugged in, I'm using it.
I have too much crap in my signal chain cuz......well, cuz I can...... :ROFLMAO: .

But if I'm recording something I'll just use the pedals being used.

For the sake of DIY Pedal Builders:
Thanks Bricksnbeatles for the link (y).
There is a Medium size Klone look available that has no internal ribbing & is not drilled:
It may be an issue with the Rounded corners, I have one on the way so I will find out when it arrives!
How Much!, $60.00 AU shipped!!!
View attachment 49763
View attachment 49764
This is the challenge inside the enclosure!?
This is a mockup only to see if it will fit:

Ambassador PCB Pedal.jpg

I finally found enough free time while on vacation to pull up my computer and take a look at my design files, and I can confirm that I goofed and put the bass pot in backwards. As noted the existing boards have the Bass control functioning as a bass cut, and a C1M pot would give the ideal sweep if you use it as such.

I will hold off on sales of these boards until I have a chance to get them revised and reordered and will make the revised boards available at no cost to anyone that has purchased the backwards-bass-boards ("bbb" for short). I apologize for the inconvenience, I'm really not sure how I missed that one.

I finally found enough free time while on vacation to pull up my computer and take a look at my design files, and I can confirm that I goofed and put the bass pot in backwards. As noted the existing boards have the Bass control functioning as a bass cut, and a C1M pot would give the ideal sweep if you use it as such.

I will hold off on sales of these boards until I have a chance to get them revised and reordered and will make the revised boards available at no cost to anyone that has purchased the backwards-bass-boards ("bbb" for short). I apologize for the inconvenience, I'm really not sure how I missed that one.
No need to send me one, it fits my back-assward nature, hahaha.

Back