By Request ... a build report

Sorry I have one more question: the pre-drilled holes for the switches seem way to narrow for the mini switches that came with the board, did you have the same problem? If so, did you just file them?

I didn't use the toggles provided as there were only two and looked kinda cheap. I wanted a matched set so I got mine from lovemyswitches along with the brass insert knobs

Yeah I am gonna get some new toggles. Another, unrelated, question: are in and out reversed or are the pads on the PCB incorrect? It looks like the in pad is on the right of the PCB, i.e., the left of the pedal, but that jack is labeled as out? :confused:

the pads are not incorrect. if you look at my wiring, the in and out wires from the switch cross paths and I gave them extra room so I could ensure they crossed at about perpendicular to each other (a holdover best practice from amp building)

Ohh that makes a lot of sense now! Thanks for clarifying! This build is giving me headaches :)
I am planning to use a PPCB breakout board for the footswitch and I think the pinout is as follows (from left to right):

1. (unlabeled): to input jack tip
  2. IN: to IN pad
  3. GND: to GND pad
  4. SW: to LED pad
  5. OUT: to out pad
  6. (unlabeled): to output jack tip
With both rings grounded.
I believe that's correct, but I would appreciate if anybody let me know if it's not! :)
Thanks again for all the help!! Much much appreciated.

Back