Stuff

fig

Village Idiot
After lack of considerable thought, I've decided to create a singularity. Well, that is to say, a singular thread for sharing my latest fire hazards, half-baked, half-@ssed, half-witted, and likely half-completed projects. What better place than The Test Kitchen? Okay, who muttered "another forum"? Still, better than me bombing an otherwise perfectly enjoyable thread with my drivel.

If nothing else, it may provide comic relief....as long as I don't try to be funny. So away we go......

yiPmFEf.jpg

Last edited:
After lack of considerable thought, I've decided to create a singularity. Well, that is to say, a singular thread for sharing my latest fire hazards, half-baked, half-@ssed, half-witted, and likely half-completed projects. What better place than The Test Kitchen? Okay, who muttered "another forum"? Still, better than me bombing an otherwise perfectly enjoyable thread with my drivel.

If nothing else, it may provide comic relief....as long as I don't try to be funny. So away we go......

What ever happened to the double Fuzz Face?…

Reactions: fig
First up, I built out a Terrarium that is awaiting my first pre-drilled enclosure. I saw the builds by Electro-Smith (nice btw), and decided to see if I could learn a bit through dabbling. I bought a bag of OLEDs (27mmx27mm), so they would fit nicely in an enclosure. @finebyfine had sent me some mini grippers so I used those to tap the 3.3V (digital), GND, SCL (clock), and SDA (data) pins.

r2vPjaB.jpg

gAvUs8Q.jpg

yOD3Env.jpg

HcOqbSV.jpg

Assuming the above is correct, next is compiling and running a test for functionality.

Test program compiled and sent to dfu. No errors.

Result from above layout: Negative.

I also tried connecting the clock to GP109 and the data pin to GP111...no dice. The screens I saw being used had the same controller (SSD1306), but had two more pins than the units I have. I'll do some more digging, but any guidance is appreciated.

I also tried connecting the clock to GP109 and the data pin to GP111...no dice. The screens I saw being used had the same controller (SSD1306), but had two more pins than the units I have. I'll do some more digging, but any guidance is appreciated.
That’s whatever you just said for ya!

I ordered some different OLEDs. Meanwhile, I'll try to light these with an Arduino.....or light an Arduino with these...there is potential for either outcome at this point.

Good News Everyone!

The 100-5457 SMDs have arrived! :D

uXVWICB.jpg

The bad news? They need to be measured sorted and matched :oops:

The good news? I have one of these kajiggers on the way! :D

G5uJmXU.png
Can't just drop that on us.
Building a phaser?
How you gonna test?
Can you talk me into buying a DCA 75 and Windows machine so I can match JFETs with the curve-tracing feature?

• Haha
Can't just drop that on us.
Building a phaser?
How you gonna test?
Can you talk me into buying a DCA 75 and Windows machine so I can match JFETs with the curve-tracing feature?

They'll be another "Guess how Many?" contest to win some sets. I still have some TO 5952 sets as well, from the last contest...not to mention the 5246 sets from a group buy. You're welcome to to some..I'll never build that many pedals, let alone phasers (though I do have an attraction to the little buggers).

I wouldn't bother with the Peak curve tracer. I can't even get it to run on a Windows box, let alone a VM. Some have gotten it to work, I'm just not holding my mouth right or something.

Edit: I just checked some 2N4392s I got...they run around -2.8Vgs-off and IDss of 12.00mA..I didn't get enough samples for a matched set..but I think another dozen might do the trick. I'd like to run a side-by-side comparison in a phaser with the 5952s, and some other FETs.

Last edited:
I ordered some different OLEDs. Meanwhile, I'll try to light these with an Arduino.....or light an Arduino with these...there is potential for either outcome at this point.
I've used both the SPI (6 or 7 pin) and the I2C (4 pin) OLED's with the Daisy. I've been adapting the source code from this project to draw menus etc.

Last edited:
  • Love

One thing that I found using the I2C OLED's connected to pins 12 & 13 is that you need to set the pin numbers in the code to 11 & 12.

Back