Stuff

I'm not planning to use these, but when realized the only 5m1Ω resistors I have are SMD :oops: I thought, sure I can do that!

So I made some through-hole 5m1Ω out of them and some .125w through-hole resistor leads.

I used some heat tape to hold the pieces in place. the lead is one piece at this time

WoyhPsT.jpg

After baking...I can see that the rear of the oven is a bit warmer.

2lPOfXu.jpg

Now I just have to snip the bit in the center....careful goofy!

Nc2ycnd.jpg

Hot dog!

dGPIiYj.jpg

I'm not planning to use these, but when realized the only 5m1Ω resistors I have are SMD :oops: I thought, sure I can do that!

So I made some through-hole 5m1Ω out of them and some .125w through-hole resistor leads.

I used some heat tape to hold the pieces in place. the lead is one piece at this time

WoyhPsT.jpg

After baking...I can see that the rear of the oven is a bit warmer.

2lPOfXu.jpg

Now I just have to snip the bit in the center....careful goofy!

Nc2ycnd.jpg

Hot dog!

dGPIiYj.jpg

Impressive.

After having a song written about me AND winning a pedal, I mowed some grass and made a bit of progress on The Pharmacist!

I ordered some 5m1Ω and I didn't have an 820pF in a suitable package so I have that inbound as well. Incidentally, those ECs are what I'll also be using in the upcoming ElectroVibe Mini build. They are 6.3mm in height and are rated ≥16VDC so (y)

HJJOKiL.jpg

Small update on the Parentheses; remember my triple-footswitch guesstimate wiring? No? It's a page or two back, but probably not worth looking....anyway the point is, when the Tayda pre-drilled enclosure arrived for it today...it FELL in...no adjusting or putzing...no kiddin! Even an idiot gets lucky, now and then.

I'm getting worried now. 😟

Nice! I think I had those in a cart, but it's probably too late now. I keep forgetting to check out before the deadline.
I had to start re-labeling their baggies with actual PNs instead of their stock #.

Nice! I think I had those in a cart, but it's probably too late now. I keep forgetting to check out before the deadline.
I had to start re-labeling their baggies with actual PNs instead of their stock #.
I got plenty if you need some, and relabeling is what I'm doing now

• Haha
Reactions: fig
I was going to finish out the bits on The Parentheses and had to decide on the jackage <---highly technical term.

I had just been reading THIS thread about the INs and OUTs of Jacks® 😉 , so I'm cross-linking them. I decided to go with closed jacks for 3 reasons;

1. The Parentheses has an atypical IN/OUT pad placement.
2. I was out of open Baby Lumbergs...I've remedied that 😬
3. The open Switchcraft would have worked perfectly. One up - one down but I was feeling fairly symmetrical this morning 😑 so I went with the.....sorry had to go back and read what I chose...the closed jacks. Why? I'm gonna tell you, just keep reading....sheeesh!

The closed jacks offer a mod. Yes, you can modjack and didn't even know it!

Here's the unhappy couple now....no symmetry, no zen.

VAHGvcu.jpg

But wait, what's this? A set of groovy-grooves, right where I need them! Groovy!

NdU8AUY.jpg

I'll use my center punch to pop the dentent/tab that corresponds to the TIP.

UkjCslu.jpg

Then just reset the tab with a small plier and slide it into it's new slot! Man I like easy!
Now there is a happy couple! 🤩

dga2gmU.jpg

Thanks for reading! 😍

Back