Golden Falk (Colombo Plexi Breed)

I also have the golden falk board sitting close to the top of my backlog. I haven't played through it or the marvel but from sound clips I think I like the sound of the marvel with single coils and the falk seems to just want to be let out to do it's thing with some hot pickups... But it is clear to me that I now need to add a marble drive to my list so I can really see how the sausage is made. And which flavors of sausage I prefer. Unless you're playing through a marshall everyone needs a MIAB.... Or maybe two or three.

Falk me that'd be coolio!
It could be called the "Mahvelously Guilded Big Falker"

Michael's Golden Falk build looks Falken A, by the by.

If I build it, I may call it "Gold Member"...

62b25d518448a436b675eae2a803b08a.png

Controls:

Bong & Blintz

Smoke & Pancake

Toggles: Pipe & Crepe

I wouldn't complicate things by adding a potentially noisy charge pump into the mix.

If people want to run it at 18v, they'll just plug it into the 18v output of their power supplies. Seems more like a 1-time decision rather than something to change on the fly.

I wonder if there's a way to emulate a "bright cap" feels like it could use it.
C7 and C8 are "bright caps". C8 is like the 470pF cap used in Marshalls at the mixer stage. The front end in particular of this circuit is based on Marshall amp circuits. It even has the cathode resistors for each channel on the source pins of the first two transistors (R4 and R5). Ad just like a later Plexi it has the same coupling cap values for the first stage - 22n for the normal channel and 2n2 for the bright channel (C5 and 6).

Back