PedalPCB Pharmacist Overdrive

This is one FAB pedal!

I cannot begin to thank @SYLV9ST9R enough for making my vision COME TOGETHER. ☮️ The pictures offer no justice for a gorgeous UV print. The gradient schematic of the pedal makes a beautiful backdrop. Hey, that guy looks familiar.....
I used pin headers to connect the foot switch boards to the main pcb. [ extra zen ]

This pedal absolutely delivers the goods, with tons of headroom on tap and trimmable ranges for boost, bass, and trebles. The breakup is smooth and stretched.

If clean to mean is in your wheelhouse, then you should probably build this.

7f50J2a.jpg

URaygWR.jpg

apzkWJa.jpg

zKTmsvI.jpg

That is surely the fabled rock ‘n’ roll doctor about whom those with small shoes were singing. Looks amazing 🤩

• Love
Reactions: fig
For a build looking this good.. you need to complete the board, take a photo and use it as the enclosure art, so it can inspire you without being locked away!

• Love
Are you getting much noise from those 2N2222A's?
I used my Pharmacist on bass at my regular bass jam/rehearsal/writing session and it hummed quite noticeably. I socketed the transistors so I'm planning on trying a few different NPN BJTs to see if that helps. I have some 2N3904s that are in the exact same gain range (200-ish), and various others that are higher gain.

this post helped me trouble shoot an issue with mine. Had wired the jacks backwards. Fixed the issue immediately and then it made me realize I had two othe pedals in the troubleshoot pile that had the same issue and sure enough I got my shallow water up and running…

I was so confident I had it right that I’d been going through everything else 2-3 times and had no luck.

Thankful for so many posts that help a lot

Are you getting much noise from those 2N2222A's?
This line has been stuck in my head for a few days now. I am always up for a quieter signal chain since my main Strat has low output pickups and loves to pick up anything in the air.

Are there any recommendations on other parts to try in replacement?

This line has been stuck in my head for a few days now. I am always up for a quieter signal chain since my main Strat has low output pickups and loves to pick up anything in the air.

Are there any recommendations on other parts to try in replacement?
I'd suggest you try 2N5089s or similar. Socketing or breaboarding gives you the opportunity to audition as many as you like. :)

This is one FAB pedal!

I cannot begin to thank @SYLV9ST9R enough for making my vision COME TOGETHER. ☮️ The pictures offer no justice for a gorgeous UV print. The gradient schematic of the pedal makes a beautiful backdrop. Hey, that guy looks familiar.....
I used pin headers to connect the foot switch boards to the main pcb. [ extra zen ]

This pedal absolutely delivers the goods, with tons of headroom on tap and trimmable ranges for boost, bass, and trebles. The breakup is smooth and stretched.

If clean to mean is in your wheelhouse, then you should probably build this.

7f50J2a.jpg

URaygWR.jpg

apzkWJa.jpg

zKTmsvI.jpg
THAT is freaking awesome Fig!! Nice work! Love the enclosure :) the photo taken amongst all those different knobs look really cool too!

It just occurred to me that if you take the facial hair off this one, it’s Lobot

Back