DEMO Seed - Neural Net Multi Effect built with Terrarium / Daisy Seed (Tayda UV print)

This post contains an audio or video demo

keyth72

Seed is a digital multi effect guitar pedal using the Terrarium platform. I use Neural network (A.I.) tech to emulate real amps and pedals, and also add reverb, delay, tremolo, and my favorite part, a reversible looper. The devices emulated with neural models are (as they appear in order in the video): Fender 57 Deluxe, Matchless SC30, klon clone + Bluesbreaker style pedal, and a Mesa IIc+.

I’ve tried to showcase how powerful the Daisy Seed can be, there is alot of processing going on in this pedal. This is also my first time using Tayda’s UV printing, which turned out very well I think. I used Adobe illustrator, which cost $30 per month, and when I got my final design I ended the subscription. (By the way, when I cancelled they made a counter offer of $20 per month, in case anyone is interested in that reduced price). I only used the color layer with an all black design, so it was pretty straight forward and turned out well on the cream color pedal.

Here’s a demo video, definitely drew some inspiration from the Knobs videos over at Chase Bliss. Enjoy!

Not only is that impressive coding your use of the effects and chops are equally impressive, to the point I don’t even care you not posting a gut shot, I would really love to pic your brain on how you accomplished the coding.
Oh right a knew I was forgetting something, gut shot on this Reddit post:

Pretty much the same as any other Terrarium gut shot. And thanks! The coding was done in c++ using Electrosmith’s libdaisy and DaisySP frameworks, and RTNeural for the neural net processing, all open source on GitHub.

Seed is a digital multi effect guitar pedal using the Terrarium platform. I use Neural network (A.I.) tech to emulate real amps and pedals, and also add reverb, delay, tremolo, and my favorite part, a reversible looper. The devices emulated with neural models are (as they appear in order in the video): Fender 57 Deluxe, Matchless SC30, klon clone + Bluesbreaker style pedal, and a Mesa IIc+.

I’ve tried to showcase how powerful the Daisy Seed can be, there is alot of processing going on in this pedal. This is also my first time using Tayda’s UV printing, which turned out very well I think. I used Adobe illustrator, which cost $30 per month, and when I got my final design I ended the subscription. (By the way, when I cancelled they made a counter offer of $20 per month, in case anyone is interested in that reduced price). I only used the color layer with an all black design, so it was pretty straight forward and turned out well on the cream color pedal.

Here’s a demo video, definitely drew some inspiration from the Knobs videos over at Chase Bliss. Enjoy!

This is freaking amazing.

Might just have to make this a winter project...

I haven't set up a coding environment on my Mac in YEARS.

What is needed to set up for Daisy Seed programming. or at least to get your code running on it?

I guess I should just probably read your incredibly well documented GitHub page...

My bad...

BTW. you're a god for doing such a thorough job!

I haven't set up a coding environment on my Mac in YEARS.

What is needed to set up for Daisy Seed programming. or at least to get your code running on it?
Just to elaborate in case anyone else is wondering the same thing, if you just want pre-compiled binary to flash to the Daisy Seed / Terrarium you can download it from the "releases" section on the Github page without setting up a Daisy environment. If you want to develop and build (or modify Seed) you can start here and it should get you everything you need to setup a Daisy dev environment: https://github.com/electro-smith/DaisyWiki

I have it set up on my mac, but Apple drives me crazy sometimes so I do most of my development on a Windows machine. I like to use VS Code for Daisy development, which you can get for Mac : https://code.visualstudio.com/ (not to be confused with Visual Studio)

Inspiring builds all around! Thanks @keyth72 for a great codebase and all the work to open source it.

One request though: I spent a grand total of 2 minutes looking at the Easter egg code but don't have much knowledge of the DaisySP library yet and C++ isn't my strongest language. It seems that there's a way to load more than the first 4 models, via some incantation/dance that has to do with the Level control and the first 2 switches. After button mashing and knob twisting for a few minutes, I gave up because I am lazy. ;) Instead, I just rearranged the models in src/all_model_data_gru9_4count.h, because I like that Bassman model.

So ... care to reveal the secret? If you say, "Just study the code a little longer and learn something!", that's fine too. 🤘

Cheers again for all the work and a stellar contribution!

Inspiring builds all around! Thanks @keyth72 for a great codebase and all the work to open source it.

One request though: I spent a grand total of 2 minutes looking at the Easter egg code but don't have much knowledge of the DaisySP library yet and C++ isn't my strongest language. It seems that there's a way to load more than the first 4 models, via some incantation/dance that has to do with the Level control and the first 2 switches. After button mashing and knob twisting for a few minutes, I gave up because I am lazy. ;) Instead, I just rearranged the models in src/all_model_data_gru9_4count.h, because I like that Bassman model.

So ... care to reveal the secret? If you say, "Just study the code a little longer and learn something!", that's fine too. 🤘

Cheers again for all the work and a stellar contribution!
Thanks! No I don't mind, you're the first person to ask about it, to switch to the alternate 4 models do this:

1. Turn Level control all the way down
2. Flip the left model select switch (Terrarium switch 1) four times from it's current position (up/down/up/down, or down/up/down/up)
3. Do the same thing for the right model select switch (Terrarium switch 2)

If it sounds different then you did it right, no other confirmation from the pedal. I thought about doing a blink of the leds but never got around to it after doing the rotary switch version of Seed.

Back