Daisy Seed/Terrarium

Synchrony Pedalworks

IMG_5564.jpeg IMG_5562.jpeg IMG_5560.jpeg A while back, I wanted to enter the digital age and got the Terrarium board. Reading about @keyth72 ‘s work with Cloudseed and Neuralseed had me interested.

The pedal is really easy to build. I had some hiccups with the flashing of the files. First, my Surface Book (which has a different version of Windows) could not recognize the Daisyseed. From what I read, there is an issue with the driver. Once, I figured that out and used a normal PC, I was able flash the files to the Daisy Seed. @keyth72 GitHub page simplifies the process. You flash the bin files, using the Daisy Seed Web Programmer and go play guitar.

There are several other programs to try. @sonic_explorer has a great multi-tap delay and @tcpoint has a variety of flanger, compressor, double chorus, and reverb.

For now, I have settled in the Ambient Reverb, but the nice thing is that you can change the program whenever you desire. The Ambient Reverb is really nice, especially with the added delay.

Since I didn’t know if I would get it to work I used an old box without any graphics. If I stick with the Reverb, I will probably do a proper box with graphics and neater drilling.

Looks sharp! Where are the knobs from?

Yeah the more I work with the Daisy Seed the more I realize how powerful of a pedal platform it is, and for relatively cheap. I think a lot more people will be checking out c++ tutorials on Youtube!

omg hell yeah.
i wanna build one of these so bad.
but im worried im gonna end up with a brick.
the whole coding thing sounds like a nightmare. all those troubleshooting threads in the daisy seed subforum....

omg hell yeah.
i wanna build one of these so bad.
but im worried im gonna end up with a brick.
the whole coding thing sounds like a nightmare. all those troubleshooting threads in the daisy seed subforum....
The pedal building is straight forward, like all PedalPCB boards. You don’t have to do any coding; I didn’t. You can use programs that others have written, or you can dive deep into coding. It sounds more intimidating than it is.

Back