Boss FS-5U Wiring Diagram

Ctrl4Smilerz

Hi all. I'd like to build a Boss FS-5U style footswitch to control my RC-10R, but surprisingly have not been able to find a wiring diagram online. The closest I've found is this, but I'd prefer to build it without the switches and I'm not clear to what is needed. I'm pretty sure this will be an easy build but I can use PPCB's help to figure it out. Thanks in advance!

I just built two. It’s just a spst momentary on the other end of a guitar cable. I built them for my media drum machine. One lug goes to tip and the other to sleeve.

I just built two. It’s just a spst momentary on the other end of a guitar cable. I built them for my media drum machine. One lug goes to tip and the other to sleeve.
Awesome. Does it use normally open or closed momentary switches. I want to build a two switch box, how did there do you write them together?

Okay, so normally open, but how do you wire to together?
Keeping in mind, I just cut one end off of a regular guitar cable. Basically what happens is it shorts the tip to ground, so on the switch end, so it doesn’t matter how it’s wired. I imagine that, if you’re using an input jack on your box, that won’t change, because the switch is open.

Keeping in mind, I just cut one end off of a regular guitar cable. Basically what happens is it shorts the tip to ground, so on the switch end, so it doesn’t matter how it’s wired. I imagine that, if you’re using an input jack on your box, that won’t change, because the switch is open.
For a double switch I was under the impression that you need TRS. Saturn switches says Boss uses normally closed spdt switches. The question remain is how to wire them together?

I used two monos, my drum machine has two jacks. You’ll need a stereo jack. Wire one spst switch lug to the tip, wire the 2nd stomp spst switch lug to the ring. Wire tje second lug of easy spst switch to the ground in the input jack. It’s just a real basic switch. I don’t see why boss charges so much.

I used two monos, my drum machine has two jacks. You’ll need a stereo jack. Wire one spst switch lug to the tip, wire the 2nd stomp spst switch lug to the ring. Wire tje second lug of easy spst switch to the ground in the input jack. It’s just a real basic switch. I don’t see why boss charges so much.
Thanks. Yes the Boss switches are overpriced but even worse the too big!

Back