LM307?

I like it in a Rat. Its slew rate is listed as 0.4 V/us, compared to the LM308's 0.3 V/us. I can't hear the difference between it and a 308, but an OP07 is probably as good a choice if a 308 isn't available.

I have a 307 in a DOD250 and am really getting along with it. But that could be as much the circuit as the chip--it doesn't have to do much in a 250.

There is a youtube vid with 8 chips in a rat circuit. The op07 was a bit briter and modern. My fave was the TL071.

Last edited:
Do your own auditions. I tried various opamps in a Rat and to me the differences were striking. We all like different things, so what sounds good to me might not sound good to you. I don't trust YouTube demos because there are too many unknown variables. How was the signal processed when it was recorded? How accurate is your computer's (or smartphone's) audio system? Have you ever tried to replicate a YouTube demo?

The LM307 is not similar an LM308. Their internals very different. Slew rate is not specified for either device in the datasheet. It can be inferred from some plots in the datasheet, but those are typical values I can tell you from measuring a bunch of LM308s that it varies quite a bit from device to device. Their open-loop bandwidths are different.

True,I just wanted some opinions because I've been searching on Google and forums and people hardly ever mention LM307.
Thanks for pitching in.
Aharon

Just tried them on my Pandora's box I only had two from way back when, sound similar to the OP07 as expected maybe a tad splashier if I can say that, also a tad less hissy.I will also try hamerfan's favorite TLO71 and also have a couple of Ua71 that will test.
Aharon

Yes,I have to but I have a whole bunch that are fakes for now, when I get my hands on real ones I will.
Aharon

No,they were so cheap it is not worth the hassle.That was the reason why I took a chance.They measure 2.4k resistance between pin 1/5 ,for what i've heard they are probable relabeled 741s.

Aharon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319_114454_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319_114454_Gallery.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back