Schadenfreude Distortion

jcpst

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Starting to get the hang of this. I think this is build #10.

I’ve been into PLL based effects for a bit now. I built an underminer, and the super heterodyne receiver. This one is by far my favorite so far.

My artwork is still crude, just paint pens at the moment. I wasn’t going to try and write “Schadenfreude” on the enclosure. So this one is for the Lulz. I almost did “Malice Arbitrage Lulz Face”, but that felt like I was trying too hard.

This one is about as minimal as it gets components wise. I had it making noise after work and before dinner.

It didn’t work the next day. Turns out I had shoved the ICs it like a damn caveman and bent one pin on each chip. It was just luck that it had enough contact to work the first time. I straightened them out and I think we’re ok now.

I love it. Very expressive, has a large range of useable tones. It’s weird, but not so weird you can’t find a use for it in a jam session. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpeg
    IMG_0431.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0425.jpeg
    IMG_0425.jpeg
    918.1 KB · Views: 25
The Electro Faustus stuff is all very simple as far as PLL stuff goes, but it’s consistently my favorite. They’re cool dudes too— local to me. The Guitardämmerung which this is based off of was my first EF pedal- bought it at an event they co-hosted with Ryan from Fuzzrocious at a local brewery when I was in high school. Really dope circuit and I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying it! Nice build

Back