SOLVED Formula 55 low output

KT88

Hey all. Just finished building an Aion FX Asteria MK III (Formula 55/Drive 55). Everything works as it should and it sounds great. However, the output volume is very low to where I have the master and volume controls maxed and the volume is still lower than the bypassed signal. I built it using mpf4393 transistors purchased directly from Aion. The 10k trimmers seem to have no impact on the gain or volume when I turn them. Is it possible that the weak output is related to one or more of the transistors? If so, how would I measure them to find out? I can't find any info on bias ranges for this particular circuit.

The only thing that is wrong with this build is the very anemic output. Everything else is right on. Any help is much appreciated.

Happy to report that I discovered that I accidentally installed an 82k instead of 1M resistor at R15. Have no idea how that value got into my stash of 1M resistors but a good reminder to always double or triple check before installing. Now it has plenty of volume and sounds really, really good! Appreciate the replies!

Here's the Blue Meanie...

Attachments

• 20240413_132546.jpg
    20240413_132546.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240413_132959.jpg
    20240413_132959.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 6
I always bend then test every Resistor & Diodes before installing & they come from sealed packets with the Values written on them!
It is always the first thing I try to look for in Troubleshooting a Members issue on here.
Glad you persisted & found the Issue, there are a lot that don't & it ends up in the not working Bin!

I always bend then test every Resistor & Diodes before installing & they come from sealed packets with the Values written on them!
It is always the first thing I try to look for in Troubleshooting a Members issue on here.
Glad you persisted & found the Issue, there are a lot that don't & it ends up in the not working Bin!
Yes. The non working bin has become my spare parts source!

Back