SOLVED Sprit Box No Reverb

effilctar

Hello all, I want to take a second before I start to thank everyone on here for being so helpful when you don't have to be. I've learned a lot and I really appreciate it.

I'm building a spirit box and there is no reverb when I turn the pedal on. the LED lights, I loose a little bit of volume, but otherwise the signal is unchanged.

Could someone please tell help me with the signal path from the PT2399 to the Belton brick? I'm new to schematics and I think I'm getting turned around. I'm using an audio probe and I have signal from 12 on the PT2399, through R17, and lose it on the other side of R16. If I'm correct pin 3 pin on the brick is the input but there is no signal there. I may be reading it all wrong and everything I've just said is nonsense.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7355.jpg
    IMG_7355.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7356.jpg
    IMG_7356.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7357.jpg
    IMG_7357.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 19
I ended up reflowing the whole board just in case with no change.

I appreciate you highlighting the signal path. It for sure goes quite after R16. IC4 has 5v in and that all seems right, but no signal on pin 6 or at R10.

I ended up reflowing the whole board just in case with no change.

I appreciate you highlighting the signal path. It for sure goes quite after R16. IC4 has 5v in and that all seems right, but no signal on pin 6 or at R10.
Make sure the ic is seated in the socket correctly and that a leg didn't miss the socket hole too. Also check your component values in the area of trouble

This is all good advice. I reseated and tried a second IC, and I tested all the resistors and they were the correct values.

This may be a dumb question, but the side of R16 that I lose signal seems to have continuity to ground when the effect is on. Should that be the case?

I'm noticing a couple other potential issues on your board. First it looks like you might have a bridge between R15 and R16. Second, it looks like the ground leg on C101 isn't soldered. That's right in the power supply and will give you issues.
1000004153.png

Back