Bass Dude

Looks like your V+ and Ground wires from the DC jack are backwards.
Picture makes it look like it but they are not. Red on V+. I would have been glad if that was it !

If someone could give me points to measure with reference voltages that would help a lot.

EDIT : I now have sound. So that’s good ! Leds correctly installed but not working, will see that at a later point and happy enough that I got sound !
Changed a few resistors and capacitors. Honestly don’t know what was wrong apart from a possibly faulty C2 that appeared OL on my multimeter.

Last edited:
Hey there,
All works for me and it sounds good !
Nevertheless, I would be happy to change the resistor (not the cap) for the HPF and have more treble but I have difficulties identifying it on the schematic. Could someone give me a quick help on that ? I would have done with R15 but I am not sure at all.
Thank you !

Before I build any PCB I have ordered I usually trace the PCB to get the schematic, I get a better "feel" for what I am doing that way.
I have traced the Bassdude and I think the circuit is a copy of the 5D6A Bassman, nearly everything matches apart from V1 was a 12AY7 in the original.
A 12AY7 has about 45% of the gain of the 12AX7 so if someone wants less break up that might be the way to go.

Attachments

• Bassdude Schematic Matching PCB.pdf
    46.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Bassman-5E6-Schematic.pdf
    964.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Everything went smoothly, worked perfectly the first time i tried, and it sounds amazing !

I was extra careful with the tube daughter-board's connectors and their orientation, thanks to my previous experience with the Black Eye.

Thank you very much for this very interesting circuit.

Glory to Sushi Box FX !

Edit : build report at https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/bass-dude-omnilooper-f-24-multi-fx.22073/

Last edited:
Back