Diptrace question

Jiberjew

So, new to diptrace and PCB design. I guess this might be a dumb question, but what size pad do I use for input/output, ground, etc. I see a lot of options on diptrace. Looked for some answers, but got a lot of all over the place responses. Hopefully this question makes sense. Thanks everyone, it’s been a lot of help here on this forum!

That dialog box is from the PCB editor, yes.

The easiest way is to create a new component and pattern with those settings that you can drop into your schematic.

You can open up the component and pattern editors, find the one that you're currently using and Duplicate them, then adjust the dimensions and save it.

This way you won't have to worry about changing it for each pad every single time.

That dialog box is from the PCB editor, yes.

The easiest way is to create a new component and pattern with those settings that you can drop into your schematic.

You can open up the component and pattern editors, find the one that you're currently using and Duplicate them, then adjust the dimensions and save it.

This way you won't have to worry about changing it for each pad every single time.
Perfect! This makes my design life a LOT easier! I appreciate the help!!

Probably another dumb question, but my resistors are too big on the PCB. I cant seem to find the proper resistors to place on the PCB. I looked in the resistor section and object symbols, no luck. Am I looking in the wrong locations? I would like the through holes to work for 1/4 watt resistors. Aside from that, I think I got everything ready to go.

Most folks are using third party libraries (or designing their own) for use with pedals.

See if you can find either the gaussmarkov, Rullywow, or Madbean libraries in DipTrace format. These will have the most common components with familiar footprints.

I'm sure someone here has them.

Most folks are using third party libraries (or designing their own) for use with pedals.

See if you can find either the gaussmarkov, Rullywow, or Madbean libraries in DipTrace format. These will have the most common components with familiar footprints.

I'm sure someone here has them.
Thanks again. I think I just figured it out. Just wanted to be sure I had the correct dimensions for a 1/4watt resistor, and looks like I finally fond them. Appreciate all the help! Let see if I can get this baby printed up and built! On to do more research to find a good place to get my PCB printed!

You definitely got me on the right path!! I'll post everything once its done! Sure takes a great deal of patience. But, hopefully it'll work in the end. Thanks for all your help!

Late question. I sent a PCB to be made at JCLPCB. I got a response back that said "there are no drill in my file". I sent a gerber file from diptrace. thought all the holes were already specified. Can anyone recommend what i missed?? Hopefully something simple. Thanks!

Back