TQ2-L-5V Symbol/Footprint

Quirkey

Anyone have a symbol/footprint for the latching relays used for the relay bypass circuits? I have found other DPDT relay ones but non that actually match the 10-pin/latching versions.

Check SnapEDA or you can download the part and symbol directly from somewhere like Mouser.

Anyone have a symbol/footprint for the latching relays used for the relay bypass circuits? I have found other DPDT relay ones but non that actually match the 10-pin/latching versions.

If this is something you plan on staying with, learning to make your own footprints is worthwhile.

I started with the Rullywow library on DipTrace but at this point, my entire library of patterns and components is homemade.

For one, it gets you looking at datasheets and dimensions, which in my experience helps you lay out your mechanicals well on boards and teaches you to pay attention to very precise spacing.

Second, you are going to run into components that someone simply doesn’t have. And you can make it yourself much faster than the time it takes to query the community.

Bash:
jlc2kicad () {
  if [[ $# -gt 1 ]]; then
    LIBRARY="$1"
    shift
    for COMPONENT in "$@"; do
      JLC2KiCadLib $COMPONENT -dir /path/to/KiCad/Libraries/JLCPCB -symbol_lib $LIBRARY -footprint_lib $LIBRARY.pretty --skip_existing
    done
  fi
}

Enjoy :) The 3D models are often off center. The argument(s) are the library you want to add to, and the JLCPCB part number(s). Your example:

Code:
jlc2kicad relays C4402946

If this is something you plan on staying with, learning to make your own footprints is worthwhile.

I started with the Rullywow library on DipTrace but at this point, my entire library of patterns and components is homemade.

For one, it gets you looking at datasheets and dimensions, which in my experience helps you lay out your mechanicals well on boards and teaches you to pay attention to very precise spacing.

Second, you are going to run into components that someone simply doesn’t have. And you can make it yourself much faster than the time it takes to query the community.
Yeah, I have definitely been making my own for some components but figured this would be something someone here specifically would have since its a common component in pedalpcb designs specifically.

Back