Karen issue (with video)

Yalesmith

Hello. I built a Karen pedal pcb and it’s having an issue with the gain width trim. See video below.

Also, if anyone has any voltages , that would be great!

Thanks

See attached. I think maybe if someone had some voltages that would be great as well. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_1562.jpeg
    IMG_1562.jpeg
    404.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1580.jpeg
    IMG_1580.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 18
Should be real easy audio probe til you find the noise. I suspect its at the op amp and its feedback loop based on the width pot. Re solder double check values. Id try a 72 since im assuming you dont have a 4558

Does the trimmer have 205 written on the side?
Definately need to reflow the solder, a lot of those resistors need to look like the one under the Op Amp.

Last edited:
Should be real easy audio probe til you find the noise. I suspect its at the op amp and its feedback loop based on the width pot. Re solder double check values. Id try a 72 since im assuming you dont have a 4558
I do have a 4558… the op amp I was using before was the only one that would tame the oscillation.

Well I’m partially a dummy…. The pcb is a Kadundra and not the Karen!!! Apologies!! I re flowed the the op-amp. It is definitely an op-amp issue but can’t seem to figure out. I got them mixed up because I just built the Karen.

The PedalPCB Kadundra is the Karen???
Can you confirm the trimmer has 205 stamped on the side?
We can't resolve an issue if you don't confirm what we can't see.
Pull the Op Amp out & with the Power unplugged, do a continuity test from pins 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4, 5 to 6, 6 to 7 & 7 to 8.
There should be no connection.

Op Amp Direction.jpg

Glad you got it sorted out, a thanks of appreciation goes a long way if you wish to get help on here with future builds from the many Members on here that are appreciated for their Help!

Back