Devi Multi (4xMoonn)

Fuzzonaut

On one of my orders from Moonn, I kinda randomly grabbed 4 Devi PCBs for some sort of hommage noise maker pedal.
Fastforward a few months and here we are - behold the Devi4Ever brick of brutal sounds'n'noizes.

We have, following the signal in "standard mode" *** :
1. Ruby, vroom-vroom baby.
2. Stone, brrr-chak.
3. Destructo Octavia, craaaaazy oscillating and noisy signal destruction, yeah.
4. Weird Flex, which - with the 3 black toggle switches - should give you the following choices: Punch Love, Punch Hate, Silver Crank, Dark Boost or Karaoke Party

*** There are 3 order switches:
The first changes pairs: 1/2 <--> 3/4
Then one for each pair: 1<-->2 and 3<-->4

It was totally dead when I fired it up (no before hand testing at all, hey, this is a Devi hommage!). I suspected the whole order wiring mess to be at fault and luckily enough, when audio-probing I pretty quickly stumbled across a dead connection one one of the order switching boards. No clue if and how I destroyed that pad, but after I jumpered the connection, everything came to life.
I tried to tame the Destructo a bit by replacing one of the MPSA18 with a 2N2222A, but that just altered the oscillation pitch a bit, I think. Anyway, it's supposed to be noisy and a good way to tame it, is to use it with another circuit.
Actually, turning all 4 circuits on sounds quite cool too, in some configurations.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with the outcome and here it is

devi.jpeg
devi-g.jpeg

So cool.

I was thinking of putting together the Weird Flex, Hype & Ruin and finally either the OldTimeySoda or Space Invader (the latter SI being 2x the former OTS) — to get as many Devi circuits in one box — and your build goes so far beyond what I was able to imagine.

How did you decide on the switching order of
4<>3 — 4&3<>2&1 — 2<>1
?

Heck, even without the swapper-switches, how did you decide on the basic order?

Great builds, consistently always great builds.

So cool.

I was thinking of putting together the Weird Flex, Hype & Ruin and finally either the OldTimeySoda or Space Invader (the latter SI being 2x the former OTS) — to get as many Devi circuits in one box — and your build goes so far beyond what I was able to imagine.

How did you decide on the switching order of
4<>3 — 4&3<>2&1 — 2<>1
?

Heck, even without the swapper-switches, how did you decide on the basic order?

Great builds, consistently always great builds.
Thanks @Feral Feline !

And about the order:
- basic: not too much thought put into that circuit wise, to be honest. I wanted the Weird Flex at the end ('cos dark boost) and thought about starting with the Ruby. But it was also along the lines of "how can I put those pcbs in there with some space for the whole switching story" while also having a nice layout for the knobs on the face of the pedal. The one circuit with the switches had to be board mounted and at one end of the signal chain and the others with just 2 potentiometers each would be easy to have off board wiring.
- and then I wanted to have as many different orders as possible and what I did seemed to be the way to go according to my brain trying to grasp the math or implications behind that.

Back