DEMO Torn's Peaker (Vero content)

This post contains an audio or video demo

jwyles90

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hey all! I put together this Devi Ever Torn's Peaker clone for someone recently, thought I'd share. I don't really know much about all the Devi Ever circuits out there, just that they exist in some kind of weird internet ether and the pedals themselves have maybe moved into that realm of unattainable overpriced unicorn blood on Reverb. Regardless of all that though, this thing freakin rips. "Blistering" is the first word that came to mind when I initially fired it up, and it can get super raunchy and noisy and all that, which is lots of fun if that's what you're going for. It's got a toggle for another mode that seems a little less noisy and more tame, while still being heavy and in your face.

It's a fairly simple circuit, which is cool. One control is for volume, and another is for 'texture'. The sweep on the texture knob can get into some clangy, ice-pick territory or go the other way to heavy bottom end, which I prefer. I could see the ice-pick stuff being useful in a live mix, though.

Here's a clip with the texture knob set more towards the low-end side of things.
IMG_3249-Photoroom.png torn's peaker guts-Photoroom.png

Back