No wet signal from Ungula Cleft Mod

robertbmillet

Hello! I have an older revision of the ungula (not sure which, not printed on the board) and it appears quite that some of the pads polarities are labelled opposite from the build guide, which confused me, so I went ahead and soldered negative to the square contacts on the board, which is standard practice but like i said, reversed from the build guide. the project is assembled, but I'm not getting any wet signal. true bypass is working, the main LED is working, and I'm getting 9 volts past D5, which I assume means that power is getting into the rest of the circuit, do i just need to reverse D1-D4? IMG_2108.jpg IMG_2109.jpg IMG_2110.jpg IMG_2111.jpg IMG_2112.jpg

If you have one or can get one, a shovel tip for your soldering iron will make taking the pots out a breeze.

1640622315213-png.20379

That beast will heat up all three legs at once, and lekitty-divided your pots will be out and ready for re-orientation.

Otherwise, use a powerful soldersucker (and brass-braid if necessary or preferred) and TAKE YOUR TIME, little bit by little bit.
You don't want to ruin the pads of the PCB by yanking on cold-solder legs.

Check out this post from Robert.

Back